Breakaway Live! March 10-17, 2019

jakeawhite

2 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

Breakaway stops at the downtown pier in Cozumel, right? Not the one further south? (Name escapes me.)

I believe that's right. We were at Punta Langosta away from Carnival, Royal, and MSC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, redmomof4 said:

Can anyone on the ship right now let me know if there are USB ports on the lights next to the bed, like on the escape 

Definitely no USB ports by the bed! I bring a series of extension cords and adapters with me to reach the bed. I like all my devices charged and close to me, so I run one under the bed as well.

It's this far away in our room

image.thumb.png.fc6943bc9babcd4b7a93def3a21bb3fa.png

On 3/10/2019 at 10:21 PM, jakeawhite said:

Once we dropped off luggage (they had us parking, unloading, then backing out into busy lanes of cars....) and parked the truck we made our way into the terminal (though not before waiting on a long freight train). Once in the terminal we made our way quickly through security and check-in. We never stopped moving and were on the ship in just minutes with our key cards!

Did security confiscate your fan?  I had a usb powered box fan security took from me in December which was much smaller than the one in your packing picture .  Had a hassle getting it back that evening from guest services.

7 hours ago, jakeawhite said:

Walked around and enjoyed the breeze a bit more on the ship - it's a nice night! The entertainment options seem to be a bit limited tonight, nothing that interested us enough. We find ourselves missing the piano bar on Carnival ships, our favorite place to hang out every night! We ended up grabbing an ice cream cone and are hanging out in the room now. No big complaints, we're content to just watch some TV and go to bed! We'll go enjoy Harvest Caye tomorrow when we get up and will see Rock of Ages tomorrow night!

Is there no Howl at the moon on Breakaway? If there is you have to go, best mixture of live music, piano bar and comedy with a sing song thrown in. You'll love it if you like the Carnival piano bar. Far better IMO

Is there no Howl at the moon on Breakaway? If there is you have to go, best mixture of live music, piano bar and comedy with a sing song thrown in. You'll love it if you like the Carnival piano bar. Far better IMO

We did hang out at Howl at the Moon for awhile on Tuesday night! It wasn’t bad, but just wasn’t very entertaining. Maybe we were there at a bad time?
The entertainers made sure to let us know between every song they were accepting tips.

I think we really enjoy the Piano Bar on Carnival because everyone is more or less in a circle around the piano, so most sing along and interact with each other. At Howl At The Moon it’s setup for the comedy show.

We will certainly give it another try though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did security confiscate your fan?  I had a usb powered box fan security took from me in December which was much smaller than the one in your packing picture .  Had a hassle getting it back that evening from guest services.

We brought two of that size and both made it through! Both in my suitcase together. There was a tag on my suitcase that I think said “fan” but it was scribbled. I think they were inspected and deemed acceptable.

Just got an announcement that we will be arriving in Harvest Caye at 10:30, two hour late. It captain reports that we assisted the coast guard here in assisting a American flagged sailing vessel that was having trouble of some sort. I think he said the 6 passengers are safe.

We however slept through the whole thing! Going to shower and grab some breakfast soon.

8 hours ago, jakeawhite said:

We did hang out at Howl at the Moon for awhile on Tuesday night! It wasn’t bad, but just wasn’t very entertaining. Maybe we were there at a bad time?
The entertainers made sure to let us know between every song they were accepting tips.

I think we really enjoy the Piano Bar on Carnival because everyone is more or less in a circle around the piano, so most sing along and interact with each other. At Howl At The Moon it’s setup for the comedy show.

We will certainly give it another try though!

Guess a lot depends on your sailing. A 10 day sailing from NOLA is going to have an older demographic than a seven day from Miami. I loved the piano bars on carnival (my favourite bar) but I found myself thinking where is everyone at night. On a seven day NCL I found a lot more going on at night.  6 Carnival 7 NCL so no axe  to grind. Just always found the night time buzz better on NCL. 

Falling further behind here!

Still having a great time! Once we return home I'm planning on doing a full run down on all my thoughts. I'll have a lot of NCL vs Carnival comparisons as well. Lots to love about both of them, but I think a lot of people would probably like to know differences!

We had a great day in Harvest Caye! We went directly for the beach and found a very nice spot under a palm tree with an umbrella. We read for a bit as the spaces around us filled in, then went for a swim, came back and read some more. Yeah, we're super interesting party people as you can tell!

image.thumb.png.f9b3f78460817d61987730e124f2e401.png

We did not purchase any food in Harvest Caye, I do find it mildly annoying that nothing is included on the island (unlike others) but we knew this going in so no shock and outrage. We came back to the ship around 1pm (after only my right arm sustained a sunburn) and ate a light lunch.

image.thumb.png.8fcd206a40df084f6a9d34838b259b75.png

image.thumb.png.622aea6ba26db090fa7227bb4c75e968.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 2