Golden Princess Check-in

Greenwhite

We will be sailing on the Golden Princess out of Melbourne.  We received a message from Princess stating that our check-in time is 1:30 PM.  The message further stated that they were doing a "progressive check-in" and to not show up before the assigned check-in time.  The earliest check-in time shown for anyone is 1:00 PM.  We wanted to have the embarkation lunch in the main dining room--which is only open from 12:00 to 1:30.  We are in a suite, so normally we could board at any time once boarding begins.  In order to clarify this I called Princess directly and was told that we could only check-in at our assigned time.  When asked how we could go to the embarkation lunch (which would already be closed) I was told "I have no information about that."  I would like to know what time check-in actually starts and whether suite passengers can board early. 

1 hour ago, Greenwhite said:

We will be sailing on the Golden Princess out of Melbourne.  We received a message from Princess stating that our check-in time is 1:30 PM.  The message further stated that they were doing a "progressive check-in" and to not show up before the assigned check-in time.  The earliest check-in time shown for anyone is 1:00 PM.  We wanted to have the embarkation lunch in the main dining room--which is only open from 12:00 to 1:30.  We are in a suite, so normally we could board at any time once boarding begins.  In order to clarify this I called Princess directly and was told that we could only check-in at our assigned time.  When asked how we could go to the embarkation lunch (which would already be closed) I was told "I have no information about that."  I would like to know what time check-in actually starts and whether suite passengers can board early. 

Someone just asked this about Sydney too in another thread.

Usually a suggestion. Show up early and give it a shot.

Thank you IDsailor and Colo Cruiser.  It is not that big a deal--just that the information from Princess seemed to be at odds with numerous posts here on CruiseCritic.  I was hoping that someone who has recently boarded in Melbourne could say what Princess is actually doing at this time.

7 minutes ago, Greenwhite said:

Thank you IDsailor and Colo Cruiser.  It is not that big a deal--just that the information from Princess seemed to be at odds with numerous posts here on CruiseCritic.  I was hoping that someone who has recently boarded in Melbourne could say what Princess is actually doing at this time.

There has always been a huge disconnect between Santa Clarita and the fleet.

Many CSR's have never sailed on a ship let alone a Princess ship.