Avoiding Plastic Cups?

If I bring my own tumbler, will the bars that use plastic (I'm assuming the pool bars, etc) make my drink in that? Or will they use the plastic, transfer and toss? I assume most mixed drinks would be mixed in a shaker, but IDK. Just trying to decide if I want to bother with the extra tumbler aside from my water bottle.

2 minutes ago, shof515 said:

due to various public health bylaws, they might not allow you to reuse your tumbler 

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to see what people have experienced first hand. I find its hit or miss at home. Might end up just having to say I'll avoid the bars that give out plastic cups. I'm assuming there are ones that don't?

Only the open deck space bars (broadly defined) will force you to use plastic cups. This seems reasonable considering the hazard broken glass can pose in these spaces. The bars in the enclosed spaces will have and will offer glassware.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Paul Bogle said:

Only the open deck space bars (broadly defined) will force you to use plastic cups. This seems reasonable considering the hazard broken glass can pose in these spaces. The bars in the enclosed spaces will have and will offer glassware.

Thanks! This is what I assumed, but I wanted to be sure. I might bring my cup anyway, and if I want to have a drink outside I'll pop into an interior bar, get the glassware, use it to fill my tumbler, and then back outside. 🙂 Then no bartenders have to touch my potential biohazard cup! 😉 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, coffeenmorecoffee said:

Thanks! This is what I assumed, but I wanted to be sure. I might bring my cup anyway, and if I want to have a drink outside I'll pop into an interior bar, get the glassware, use it to fill my tumbler, and then back outside. 🙂 Then no bartenders have to touch my potential biohazard cup! 😉 

Yes, this is what you can do. For health reasons, they will not use your (or anyone else's) cup to make a drink.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beller said:

This is funny.  Going on a cruise and trying to avoid waste.  

Just because there is waste doesn't mean you need to take every opportunity to contribute more to it.

Haters are gonna hate, apparently. ;)

Have a lovely day!

• Like 2