Magic Cove vs. Deluxe OV Help!!

amy2313

We are planning a back-2-back cruise on the Carnival Magic and have the option of a deluxe ocean view midship OR a cove balcony aft.  We've cruised on the Magic a couple times already but had a traditional balcony.  I've never booked a cove balcony before and need the pros and cons.

The deluxe ocean view is enticing with the extra shower/bathroom space, but i do love having the balcony option and being able to step right outside to see the ocean or sit and read a book from the comfort of your own cabin.

However, I am concerned about the location of the cove balconies that are left and available for both cruises without switching rooms.  The only ones left are not only aft ship, but also directly beneath the galley.  I am concerned about noise from both the ship's engines and from the galley with food preparation and movement in the early morning.  We are night owls and while we do not sleep in super late, we normally wake around 9:30am.

One of the specific cabins on the Magic we are looking at is the cove #2405 and deluxe #2240.  Any recommendations you could give and pros and cons of the cove (with the location in mind) and deluxe OV would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Being the Magic I would have to have that cove balcony.  On a larger ship sometimes it's your only escape from people. May feel a vibration at times but nothing as sharp as a Fantasy class ship.  My only problems with balconies all together are some times smokers will invade your air .

Lets face it some people just don't follow any rules .  The Galley concerns  may be a problem with dining times only.

Edited by BoDidly

Cove balconies are one of the best cabins at sea, if in the right location.  Hard to describe being that close to the water unless you have been there.  Have heard many times that booking a cabin under the galley usually involves much noise from above and should be avoided at all costs.  Have not sailed without a balcony in some time so I would probably put up with the noise to have a great balcony.  Drink much wine and bring ear plugs.