Here are our photos of Cozumel, Paradise Beach & Legend of the Seas 1.07.06!

cruisegirl29

Have a great time! I can't believe after a year of planning it's over already!

LOL!! It just means you need to start planning your next one! :)

Hopefully we'll get to meet up in the future! :D

Here's a link my pics, btw!

http://community.webshots.com/album/545918848wSCsBh

(The Cozumel pics start on pg 5 - fyi!)

LOL!! It just means you need to start planning your next one! :)

Hopefully we'll get to meet up in the future! :D

Here's a link my pics, btw!

http://community.webshots.com/album/545918848wSCsBh

(The Cozumel pics start on pg 5 - fyi!)

Oh, I love your photos too! You've got some great ones from the distructions in Cozumel! WOW! Also the ones on the ship-you said your favorite! You should submit it to Carnival's Currents Magazine photo contest!

We arrived PB around 10:30ish. I think you may have been sitting behind us? We were at the water's edge without an umbrella but right down in front of the bar/resturant area. Just to the left of the Ice Berg if your looking out. Next to us was a group of 12 adults & 14 kids that came after us & they were from our ship-they thought they would sit in front us but PB Tom came & told them they couldn't. Kinda Funny. If you were anywhere near us you'd remember them.....Nothing against kids-since we had our DD's there too!

Yep, need to plan another. Probably won't go again until 2007.........

Sue

We are sailing to these ports in May and I was really concerned about everything that I had heard about the ports. I heard that Belize was terrible, that there were armed men with guns standing around the port and that the destruction was so bad that it wasnt worth going off the ship to Belize or Cozumel. Please tell me your experience. We will have our children, 4 and 13 and would like to have some idea of what we can do. Thank you

We are sailing to these ports in May and I was really concerned about everything that I had heard about the ports. I heard that Belize was terrible, that there were armed men with guns standing around the port and that the destruction was so bad that it wasnt worth going off the ship to Belize or Cozumel. Please tell me your experience. We will have our children, 4 and 13 and would like to have some idea of what we can do. Thank you

Here is the link to my review of each port of call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=280431

Belize is a great port as long as you have a tour schedule. Do your homework & get one booked. Well worth it! We loved this port. The port itself just has shopping & bars so you'll be disappointed if you stay there unless you just want to party & shop! I didn't see any distruction. Most ports I've been to have armed men with guns. GC probably is the only port I've been to that doesn't.

As for Cozumel. It's amazing that they really have worked hard to restore their lovely area! We love it. Last two trips we've gone to Paradise Beach which everyone is falling in love with now! So if you like going to the beach grab a taxi & for around $26.00 per cab you can go to Paradise Beach. Free to use their chairs & umbrellas. Water Toys are 8.00 if you want to use them. They are asking a min. of $10.00 spent on food & drink. They have great drinks & good food.

Do your research & a little planning! You'll be happy you did!

Sue

Hello,

We have been to PB twice now and LOVE it. We will be back in two weeks on the Navigator. I was wondering what the cost of a massage is? And jet skis? What about kayaks? Taxi to the beach? ( I have seen a lot of different prices)

I can't wait to sit on the beach and drink cold beer and eat their great food :)

Thanks in advance!

Bobbie

Hello,

We have been to PB twice now and LOVE it. We will be back in two weeks on the Navigator. I was wondering what the cost of a massage is? And jet skis? What about kayaks? Taxi to the beach? ( I have seen a lot of different prices)

I can't wait to sit on the beach and drink cold beer and eat their great food :)

Thanks in advance!

Bobbie

Hi Bobbie - I am a Bobbi as well! :D

I believe the cost of a massage is $1 per minute. The kayaks are included in the purchase of a bracelet that allows you to use the water toys - iceberg, water trampoline, floats, and kayaks. The bracelet is $8. I am not sure of the cost of the jet ski - sorry! The cost of the taxi is based off which pier you tender to - I believe it ranges between $12-$14 per taxi for up to 4 people. PS I LOVE your pics!! Where did your Voyager cruise take you to? I love the place with all the big rock formations! :)

Starketcher - there were 6 ships in port that day - and even though PB looks crowded in the pics - it didn't really feel too crowded.

Okay, I fess up if this is ignorant, but since my limited experience with Mexico is to stick to bottled drinks and bottled water--and I've been advised to avoid the ice cubes as they, too, come from the non-bottled water...what's the risk of drinking a frozen drink? I just DO NOT want to get sick, and bottled water, a bottle of coke light (they don't call it diet coke in mexico) and a dos equis did no harm--should I stick to the same items, or is the frozen maragarita at Paradise Beach going to be safe from montezuma's revenge?:eek:

Hi Bobbie - I am a Bobbi as well! :D

I believe the cost of a massage is $1 per minute. The kayaks are included in the purchase of a bracelet that allows you to use the water toys - iceberg, water trampoline, floats, and kayaks. The bracelet is $8. I am not sure of the cost of the jet ski - sorry! The cost of the taxi is based off which pier you tender to - I believe it ranges between $12-$14 per taxi for up to 4 people. PS I LOVE your pics!! Where did your Voyager cruise take you to? I love the place with all the big rock formations! :)

Starketcher - there were 6 ships in port that day - and even though PB looks crowded in the pics - it didn't really feel too crowded.

Thanks for the info and the compliment :)

The Voyager went to Bermuda. That's Horseshoe Bay. It was an amazing day. We got there around 4:00 and had the place to ourselves. I wanted to stay there forever. It was so quiet and peaceful. The late day sun is amazing to shoot pictures in and I had a lot of fun filling a memory card that day. Climbing the rocks was a bit challenging in sandals, so I just took them off. I should have worn sneakers. I would have been able to really climb like the guys did. :( Next time!

We are probably going to do the same route on the Explorer in October with the kids.

:) Bobbie (it's actually Bobbie Jo but I hate the Jo...LOL)

Okay, I fess up if this is ignorant, but since my limited experience with Mexico is to stick to bottled drinks and bottled water--and I've been advised to avoid the ice cubes as they, too, come from the non-bottled water...what's the risk of drinking a frozen drink? QUOTE]

No worry with drinking frozen drinks at PB. They use filtered water. Actually every place I've been to in Cozumel used filtered water-Carlos N Charlies, etc. Just ask if you worried about it! But PB is totally fine & the "Frosty Blue" maragrita is YUMMY!

Bobbie0253-Looks like your questions have been answered! :)

Sue

:) Bobbie (it's actually Bobbie Jo but I hate the Jo...LOL)

ROTFLMAO! Too funny! The BJ in my signature?!?! Stands for Bobbi Jo! :D

I am confused on whether I like my name or not, because I always say "Bobbi" but write "Bobbi Jo" and my family calls me a wide variety of things!

Thanks for the info - I will defintely have to go to Horseshoe Bay someday!

Archived