Snorkeling/ Ruins combo?

DeepC

My girlfriend and I will be on RCCL Independence late April. She wants to see the ruins but we don't feel the need for some long drawn out expensive kill the day type thing. Looking for the simplest and shortest way to see them. Then she has a bucket list thing of snorkeling every place we go. She can't get enough of it! Not necessarily an excursion but some place she can go informally for an hour or two. I found on line one excursion place that does ruins then beach but doesn't mention snorkeling and seems more geared toward their open bar which we're not really interested in...  I see the other thread about snorkeling has derailed into rundowns at Roatan and Cozumel . We have that covered. This question is strictly related to Costa Maya.

If you check out Native Choice, depending upon the length of time you are in port and which ever tour you take, there'll probably be beach time afterward.  They'll drop you off if you ask.  Best choice for any facsimile of decent shore snorkeling on the beach in Mahahual is at Blue Kay. I'm doubting you'll have time for an offshore snorkel trip.

Best shore snorkeling in Costa Maya area is up at Playa Uvero which unfortunately requires a ship excursion.

link to Native Choice: https://thenativechoice.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finding a couple on line not from RCCL. Costa Maya Cruise Excursions is one of the companies, Shore excursions group is the other...  Has anybody had any experience with either? 

• 2 weeks later...