Beach Massages

theotherchad

I know that there are massage tables at various places up and down the Mahahual malecon, as I've had massages several times there in years past, but I'm hoping someone can help with this question. 

The first time we went to Costa Maya/Mahahual, my wife and I got massages at a place called, if I remember correctly, Oaxaca. This was before they had paved the street and before a lot of stuff was destroyed by a hurricane. The thing was, this place did their massages on a slightly raised platform with a low bamboo barrier around it so that all the passersby can't watch you getting massaged. My wife loved this because she doesn't like getting a massage right out there in the open, as most of them do. She feels exposed and self conscious. 

I'm wondering, does anyone know if any of the massage operations are set up this way now? We didn't see any the last couple of times we went. 

Thanks, I had thought of that, but we are doing an all inclusive in Cozumel and so we were thinking of only spending two or three hours on shore at Costa Maya, so the AI isn't such a good deal.  

I keep wondering why more places that offer massages don't do that. I can pretty much guarantee that if one of the restaurant/beach bars build a little platform like that with a low wall around it, they could charge $10 more and they would have a line outside. When you walk down that Malecon, you will see, if you pay attention that there are a lot more empty massage tables than ones in use because there's so much competition. 

I'm talking to you Tropicante, Krazy Lobster, et al!