Gratuity paid ahead

Diane5583

Who cares? I prepay mine so I don't have to worry about it and write it off as part of the cost of cruising.now whether anyone gets any extra is a different story.i know why they just don't include it in the fare is they want to make the cruise price look lower so everyone can say carnival is cheaper yada yada.sometimes they are sometimes they are not.

On 3/8/2019 at 1:25 PM, Diane5583 said:

I prefer not to have to worry about money while on vacation, so I tend to pay everything I can ahead of time.  So of course I pre paid gratuity.  However now I am worrying that since I am not tipping cash, servers and room stewards ect are going to not be as motivated to take care of me as they would if I was handing them cash.  Do they know those that paid ahead of time?  If I go to the bar, am i going to need to also tip for each drink for them to see me as much of a priority as the person who did not pay ahead and is tipping as they go... Same for the room steward do they know that you tipped them?  

The crew is well aware of how the tipping / gratuities are divied out, so no worries... Your free to always tip the "extra" in cash aside from the gratuities you've already paid