ADVICE: Castelmola OR Savoca?

Vacation9

Agree with Marazul.  For DIYers there is a local bus route that goes between Taormina and Castelmola.   The last time we were in Castelmola is was a quiet gorgeous morning and DW and I were about the only folks on the street.  We somehow got lucky and spotted a 2nd floor café/restaurant that was open...but did not look like much from the street.  We walked up to their 2nd floor restaurant and the view out the other side was spectacular.  Definitely worth the drive (we had a rental car) from Taormina.

Hank

27 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Agree with Marazul.  For DIYers there is a local bus route that goes between Taormina and Castelmola.   The last time we were in Castelmola is was a quiet gorgeous morning and DW and I were about the only folks on the street.  We somehow got lucky and spotted a 2nd floor café/restaurant that was open...but did not look like much from the street.  We walked up to their 2nd floor restaurant and the view out the other side was spectacular.  Definitely worth the drive (we had a rental car) from Taormina.

Hank

Thank you.  I was originally focused on Castelmola and then started to read about Savoca.  Seems like I should stick to my original decision.  Thanks!