Are Tables for 2 on QM2 Guaranteed Prior to Cruise?

jimdee3636

1 hour ago, luckymal said:

I am not sure if you have the SAVER FARE in America, but if you have paid the full Cunard fare I am almost certain you will get your table for two ...

Almost all the fares offered in the US would be considered equivalent to the UK Cunard fare in terms of providing a confirmed selection of seating time and presumably priority over those that have chosen UK Saver Fares for requested table size.

This is not well known, but one exception I know of in the US is something Cunard introduced a couple years ago called Value Fares that are available for a few months after new itineraries are announced. Those Value Fares in the US are similar to Saver Fares in the UK in that they do not offer the choice of a specific cabin and the selections of both the dining time and table size are on a request basis only.

The latest round of Value Fares was introduced in the US along with the release of the summer 2020 itineraries in September 2018. Last year those fares expired February 28, but this year it looks like they are being extended through April 30 on certain 2020 voyages.

But since the OP indicated they are guaranteed on second seating, that's a good clue they have booked a standard fare in the US and that does improve their chances of receiving their requested table size.

22 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Almost all the fares offered in the US would be considered equivalent to the UK Cunard fare in terms of providing a confirmed selection of seating time and presumably priority over those that have chosen UK Saver Fares for requested table size.

This is not well known, but one exception I know of in the US is something Cunard introduced a couple years ago called Value Fares that are available for a few months after new itineraries are announced. Those Value Fares in the US are similar to Saver Fares in the UK in that they do not offer the choice of a specific cabin and the selections of both the dining time and table size are on a request basis only.

The latest round of Value Fares was introduced in the US along with the release of the summer 2020 itineraries in September 2018. Last year those fares expired February 28, but this year it looks like they are being extended through April 30 on certain 2020 voyages.

But since the OP indicated they are guaranteed on second seating, that's a good clue they have booked a standard fare in the US and that does improve their chances of receiving their requested table size.

Thank you for the information.

One  thing I cannot understand,  why the difference in booking conditions in Australia, America and Britain.🍷🥃