Port Limon - Jorge Ramirez www.portlimon.com

Dbart2121

I first contacted Jorge after seeing his information provided on here.  You can view a few different things to do through his website www.portlimon.com.  I contacted him via email and explained what I was looking for with a group of 5.  Jorge provided a few different options and together we created a customized private tour.  We decided on Veragua Research Center, Tortuguero Canals and Bonita Beach.  Jorge was very quick and responsive to emails and gave great detail on what all was needed and what to expect.  Jorge was exactly where he said he would be, just outside the port exit with a sign with my name on it.  He had rented a larger van for our group of 5 to be comfortable in.  With him renting a van from Willy's transportation,  Willy drove and Jorge was able to sit in the back with us and provide information about his country and answer any questions we had.  We were able to be the first people at Veragua and get a more slow paced, personalized tour of the research center because we beat all the huge tour buses there by a long shot.  Jorge and Willy were there waiting for us when we completed our tour at Veragua and we proceeded to the Tortuguero Canals.  Jorge provided bottled water, beer, local fruits and snacks.  Jorge joined us on the canal boat and helped spot wildlife along with the boat driver including sloths, monkeys, birds, lizards and a crocodile.  After this we drove to Bonita Beach, but we just looked at it as we were ready to return to do some shopping before we had to get back on the ship.  Bonita Beach looked really nice, we were just limited because we had to be back on board by 3:00pm.  Overall all Jorge met and exceeded every expectation.  I would highly recommend him to anyone visiting Port Limon.  The cost is cheaper than the ship's excursion, you get a more personalized tour in a much smaller group and aren't herded like cattle through exhibits and tour buses.  Jorge's english is very good and will continue to get better as he says he continues to work on it after only learning to speak it well into his adult life.  I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the experience Jorge provided on our day in Costa Rica.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...