Jost van Dyke

Teibban

Hi everyone,

What is your favorite way to get to this place? Take the Carnival excursion or just get the ferry back and forth? The ferry cost approx. 100$ for the whole family while the Carnival excursion (having a hot-dog/hamburger lunch) is 110$ per person. 

FYI our time in Tortola is from 8h to 17h. Was mostly thinking of taking ferry at 9 AM and coming back at 14h.

15 minutes ago, jserio2001 said:

Are you also factoring the cost for taxi's to and from the port to the ferry and from the ferry to Jost? Its cheaper but takes more effort to take the ferry.  Its easier and costs more to take the excursion. 

Maybe I do not have the right information but the ferry is not like 10-15min walk from the cruise port (as per google maps) and the beach at Jost the same thing? I had the impression it was easy walkable distance.

Teibban, see the link in post #2 of the thread below (and read numerous other threads in this forum) for info on getting to Jost. Any remaining questions let us know!

Edited by blue_water

1 hour ago, blue_water said:

Are you looking at a cruise line excursion to Jost? Or to the Baths on Virgin Gorda? Just seems a little confusing...

We are stopping there on a Carnival ship.

Looking at:

1- Planning the excursion by myself

or

2- Taking a Carnival shore excursion

20 hours ago, jserio2001 said:

I was there on the Disney Wonder in Jan 2018. The ferry to Jost Van Dyke was not within walking distance of the cruise port.  This might be a different ferry, make sure it's going to Jost. 

Thanks just checked on Google Maps and saw that it is my mistake. The one for Virgin Gorda is near the cruise pier. The one for JVD is further to the south of the island.