Seattle air question

arpie05

So I called about the free or reduced airfare. It states on the website it's available for my airport for my sailing for $299. Great price. Savings of over 50%. Yet. the NCL person we were assigned can't "find" that airport as available. We would have to drive 3 hrs away for $199. Still not bad. To fly day early or two - $50 extra BUT if you book hotel it's $240 pp (per day which is $ loser) and includes all transfers and they waive the $50. But no guarantee they won't put you on a Red eye which is tough on kids (and she said they like to use).   

Who has used the air for Alaska cruises? What flights did you get? 

I understand that they purchase blocks of airfare but if I'm asking to fly 2 days before and willing to pay either the $50 or $240 x2 days pp - How can that day be unavailable? when that isn't the normal fly day for the cruise?  Plus they don't assign the flight until 60 days out - so there's lots of flights.... What's the deal?  (I am remembering why I it's been 11 years since I sailed NCL...  they suck you in but it's smoke and mirrors)

Your Avatar Missouri MO would relate to the southwest corner of the state of Missouri and overlapping states.

Closest airport cities would be Kansas City to the North and Oklahoma City to the Southwest.

Yes these are trying distances to conveniently work in a cruise flight.

Waco Texas is not half bad with Dallas Ft Worth just to the north.

Now as for Alaska airlines flights DFW works OKC also STL - NOT in the picture MCI (Kansas City).

But if you have to travel 2 to 2.5 hours of travel to catch a flight that is not good.

Call and talk with another NCL agent about the air travel arrangements agreements with Alaska airlines

or possibly with American which serves the cities in question. Southwest maybe in the mix with connecting

flights via Phoenix PHX. It might be worth your time to talk with a TA. This free and reduced air travel

is a recent perk promo and may have glitches and misapplication of T & C.