Prices out of control to Miami

WillieBluffU

Hey gang

I am again trying to plan a cruise during Spring Break <cringe> 4-2thru 4-9 on the Victory out of Miami. I know i am doing this later than I would have wanted but hey it's a cruise!

I sat here for 4 hours last night reading and checking flight prices and am having very little luck in finding flights out of either LEX SDF or CVG to MIA or FLL. I am getting some decent prices...well not really decent 300+ pp... through West Palm Beach (PBI).

Carnival has air as of Thursday for 349.00 per person...I have read and read and read all of you talk about the horror stories in booking through the cruise line but I am getting scared that Carnival may be the best bet for my air.

I read on one of the threads that you could go ahead and book air through carnival and if you find a better deal you can cancel the air through carnival...I am assuming this is before final payment? From what I am reading I can ask to fly in the day before the cruise...book my own hotel...and pay 50pp for this through carnival?

I am having some luck finding flights coming back home on Monday (son will miss a day of school which i don't like) but Im wondering how much a hotel will cost and the good flights are through Palm Beach..so I have to worry about a car or something too...

I said this last year but this time i mean it...I will book earlier next time!

Looking for some help from you guys and gals but the clock is ticking.

HELP!

If it's any comfort I was in your same position. We are cruising out of Miami on March 25. I just purchased our tickets last Thursday. Got a great deal...$178 roundtrip, nonstop from Kansas City, so it can happen! Have you been checking out of Dayton and Columbus also? Maybe their spring break is at a different time.

I just recently started using Kayak.com over some other search engines and highly recommend it. It shows many different airlines and websites prices and automatically checks nearby airports! I was checking twice a day and found different fares offered throughout the day. The fare I purchased just showed up out of the blue. Good Luck and don't give up hope!!

Thanks for the reply lvssushi

I pulled the trigger yesterday on the cruise AND a non stop flight out of Cincy/N. Ky to Miami returning from Palm Beach to Cincy for less than 300 a person.

Aft Balcony was available and I couldnt turn it down. Now I have to find a hotel on 4-1 (a Saturday) before the cruise

Try Priceline for a 4* Downtwon MIA hotel. The Intercontinental and Hyatt have been coming up for different dates. Taxi from MIA will be about $20, $10 or less to the port, then you book a shuttle or limo to West Palm Beach for your return.

I took booked today for AA from BOS to MIA. Travelocity sent me a note yesterday and they had the non-stop flights I wanted going up $100 each. On Kayak, I found AA still had them at $247 each so now I don't have to worry about large transportation costs.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

I would suggest that you go to biddingfortravel.com where you can learn how to use priceline for getting a great deal. It will give you an idea of what you can expect to pay, if you are willing to do your homework. We got a room at Tampa Hyatt Regency downtown last year for $46 a night.

This Hotel has free transportation from the airport and to the port. I am not counting on it so the Shuttle is good information to have. We fell for the "free port shuttle" last year and, well let's just say, they didnt see a need for us to get to the port until after 2pm. We ended up hiring a van to take us to the port.....There will be 8 of us together..Surely I can find a ride to the port from Dadeland for say 10 dollars a person ($80) if the hotel shuttle falls through.

Thanks for your help!

Archived