Star Clipper/Flyer plug sockets

Denarius

Funny how you cannot remember things, usually because they have not previously mattered!

I have sailed on the clippers several times, and know that they have US style flat pin sockets. But I cannot remember whether they will take a 3 pin US plug with a round earth pin as per attached image or only the unearthed 2 pin type. IT has not mattered in the past because my old travel adaptor had only 2 pins, but my new one has 3. Can anyone enlighten me?

type_B.jpg

Not totally sure, but I remember 2 holes (without the third one).

A limited number of adaptors can be rented out at the purser's desk (as long as supplies last). Deposit of 10 € will be refunded at the time of bringing back the adaptor.

In most cabins an adaptor (for 2 round pin EU-plugs) was already plugged in in one of the outlets underneath the desk/sideboard. But that rather seem to be remainings from former guests than standard part of cabin equipment.

• 4 months later...

I have just returned form the Star Flyer and can now answer my own question for the benefit of others.

Star Flyer has US style sockets which will take two flat pins plus a round earth if present, as per the illustration with my original post.

• Like 1