Infinity - Alaska 16 July 2006...any comments for teens?

Cruisin'Jenny2

My 16 year old son will be traveling with his aunt and uncle on this cruise. He is petrified that it will be "boring" although he really wants to go to Alaska. Has anyone traveled on this ship with teens? Are there any "teen" things to do (I read that the "kids club" is for 2-17 year olds...he will not go near that place!) Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions to help me get him psyched up for this cruise? HELP...I'm a desperate Mom who just wants my kid to have a good time!

Jen

We took our 2 teens to Alaska on Infinity for 12 nights this past summer. They didn't really do anything organized at the teen center but did meet some other teens there the 1st night. They all got together after dinner/show to play basketball or dodgeball most evenings, then hit the buffet and just sat around there and talked. They had a great time.

Cruisin'Jenny2,

April 05 we cruised with our teen son(14) on the Connie; he loved it; he went to a few of the "official" teen meetings, met lots of other teens and then they picked and chose what to do or not do with the organized group; he was very pleased, very busy - we never saw him unless we were on excursions or at dinner (we made him eat only dinner with us):)

I am taking him and 2 of his pals again this April - they are already talking about teen club, etc.

Jen,

We were on the Summit last May with our 23 and 19 year old. There were 15 people on the boat under the age of 25. It was early in the season.

There was not much for them to do. There was an arcade. Lucky thing is it is daylight for so long there is plenty to see. There are is a game room I think with board games. Take some cards. It is definitely not the warm weather atomosphere. You are in port everyday so that is a blessing. The hooked up with some kindred spirits at the Edge of the Earth (only on the Summit) bar late in the week. It is very possible that they will be seated at a table at dinner with another teen. Celebrity tries to do this. The shows were good and we played bingo all the time. It is a relaxing time for all but it is a challenge for the under 21 set.

Good Luck

My youngest spent lots of time in the aqua spa pool.

My 16 year old son will be traveling with his aunt and uncle on this cruise. He is petrified that it will be "boring" although he really wants to go to Alaska. Has anyone traveled on this ship with teens? Are there any "teen" things to do (I read that the "kids club" is for 2-17 year olds...he will not go near that place!) Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions to help me get him psyched up for this cruise? HELP...I'm a desperate Mom who just wants my kid to have a good time!

Jen

We took our DS(13) to Alaska in June. We sailed on Infinity. It was his 1st cruise, & his choice of destination. He's not one for socializing with strangers, & wasn't interested in any of the teen activities. He absolutely loved Alaska! We took some wonderful excursions. We planned 2 tours in most ports to make sure we saw as much as possible, & that he wouldn't be bored shopping, etc. He also enjoyed everything about the dining experience, including dressing for the occasion. He enjoys any occasion to play "adult". ;) Unfortunately, he did not like the rest of the cruise experience at all. :( We have booked 2 cruises since. Both were booked with intentions of all 3 of us going, but he has no interest in going with us. I've tried everything to make it sound more appealing, but nothing has worked. I know this isn't very encouraging, but I thought I would let you know what you could possibly expect. If at all possible, try to convince him to attend some of the teen activites to get to know others. Our DS said he would have, if there weren't so many kids older him. He would have been one of the youngest. Your DS won't have that problem, so hopefully he'll change his mind. :) Good luck! I hope he comes home loving it! :)

Archived