Cruise out of Guadeloupe

ult_

Looking for any information regarding cruising out of Guadeloupe rather than just being a stop. Particularly when returning how long should I expect it to take to get to the airport (assuming taxi or rideshare)? Is there any sort of security/customs at the cruise terminal for disembarking passengers (we would be US citizens entering France)?

• 3 months later...

I'm sure my response is too late for your cruise but in case it helps others, I cruised from Guadeloupe last March. When getting off the ship there were no delays or security/customs issues. We left the ship as usual and our bags were set out and easy to find in the terminal. 

Once we had our bags, we walked over to the taxis that were waiting within the port area. There was no customs or France security checks to go through. We were able to quickly get a taxi for 30 Euros (10 Euros per person for 3 of us) to take us over to our post cruise stay in Le Gossier. I think if you were to take a taxi to the airport it would be a similar rate and take about 40 minutes to drive to the airport.

The big thing to note is that many people in Guadeloupe do not speak English. Our taxi driver did not speak any English and we speak little French. I simply said we wanted to go to Le Gosier and handed him the name of our hotel written on a piece of paper. With some sign language we confirmed the rate. 

The other thing to note is that they are quite insistent on people sharing cabs as they leave the port. We were put into a van with two other couples also going to Le Gosier. We had no problems with that, but if you are looking for a taxi all to yourself, it may be more challenging to find a driver willing to take you. 

• Like 1