Pictures of Rum Point?

tyson

I'm trying to decide if we want to rent a car and drive to Rum Point when we are there in June while on the Rhapsody of the Seas. I would love to see more pictures of Rum Point taken by those of you that have visited there recently. Thanks!

I don't have my pictures posted anywhere, but I did find this. My pictures look a lot like this, only the place was packed! I hope if you go, you will find the place deserted...either way, it is a beautiful drive, and Rum Point is really pretty. If you drive there, there are so many awesome places to pull off alongside the road and take pictures and explore. There's also a thread somewhere on this forum with pictures. It pops to the top every now and again. Have a good time!

http://community.webshots.com/album/462401620nDajUi

How far is the drive from the ship to Rum Point if you drive?

Allow 45 minutes, if you cut across the island on Frank Sound Rd. See the map from the car rental company. The turn you are seeking is almost exactly (is "almost exactly an oxymoron?) one mile past the prominent Lighthouse restaurant in Breakers.

How far is the drive from the ship to Rum Point if you drive?

It took us 45 minutes to almost an hour (and we didn't stop anywhere). There really isn't much traffic toward Rum Point, so the driving was a snap. When you turn on Frank Sound Rd, there was a back end of a tanker truck off to the side of the road (where you turn). It was a good marker for us. Not sure if it's still there or not.

I was a little disapointed to find Rum Point rather small and quite crowded--

still beautiful but just to warn ya...the food was yummy!

We were also disappointed at the size of the place and the crowds, however, it was still beautiful! My kids didn't like all the trees...they like to be in the sun, but we loved the lush, tropical look...I just wished we could have found a chair!

But we enjoyed the drive there, and I'd do it again.

We rented a car and drove to Rum Point on our cruise last year. We had been to the Caymans before, so wanted to do something different. It isn't very large, but a beautiful place with lounge chairs to relax in the shade by the water. It was not at all crowded when we were there. One of the reasons I went was that I had read on the boards last year about a starfish beach next to Rum Point. I don't have the directions any more, but maybe you can find them by searching the boards for old posts. It is very close to Rum Point and there are TONS of starfish there -- huge orange ones. You can wade out in the water and see them all over the place. I loved it!

One of the reasons I went was that I had read on the boards last year about a starfish beach next to Rum Point. I don't have the directions any more, but maybe you can find them by searching the boards for old posts. It is very close to Rum Point and there are TONS of starfish there -- huge orange ones. You can wade out in the water and see them all over the place. I loved it!

I found the post with the directions to the starfish beach. Is this beach walkable from Rum Point, or is it far enough away you'd need to take a car?

As I recall, you really need to drive to the starfish beach. I remember that the directions were a little off ( I think maybe the street name was wrong), but using the map we were able to find it. Like the directions say, you go through this place like you are entering what was supposed to be some kind of resort but it was evidently never built and the area is deserted. We had to walk around in the water a little bit, but once we saw the first starfish, we started to see a lot of them. They were big and orange and about knee deep in the water.

Hi Tyson,

My husband and I went to GC in early Dec. We took a wonderful tour with Gino (Island Marketing, Jeep Safari) I have great pictures but can't link them to this reply. We spent 5 hrs touring the island and 2 of the hrs were spent relaxing at Rum Point, possibly the most beautiful beach i've seen (and we lived in Hawaii for a yr.) E-mail me at bagna002@mc.duke.edu for some pictures. diannezzz

Archived