Spring break on RCI (esp Navigator)

As someone that cruises MAINLY in March because my DH is a teacher... I MUST comment on this.

Every time I have cruised in March, my ship is LOADED with families. Now, I have never ever seen groups of just kids on spring break cruises...except college age. The overwhelming amount of kids on March cruises can get annoying at times, so I am not gonna lie to you there. BUT, in most recent years I have only sailed Disney Magic in March (but I am sailing Legend of Seas THIS March so I cant comment just yet on ratio) and the Disney ships are usually loaded with kids respectfully anyway. But in ports I have noticed way more kids and familes in March and in summer months than I have when I have sailed at off peak times of year.

I was recently on Navigator this past May, and there were FOUR GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR TRIPS on my cruise (like a total of 300 teens without parents). These kids were outta control. I am glad they were happy to graduate and all, but caused a lot of commotion with their overindulgence in drinking, etc. at TIMES. They were able to drink at 18 on board with a parent letter I was told. My cruise was still super enjoyable and I would sail this time of year again, or any time of year, regardless of kids... but there were times the teens got rowdy and obnoxious because they were pretty much away from complete authority for first time ever. But, i repeat, I still had a great cruise!!!!

The only thing I find different on the cruises with more kids is me and husband's patience runs thin a lot quicker. Its also not as quiet because a lot of little kids on board with mom and dad, and they cant be in adventure ocean/kids club ALL the time.

Dont worry though, you will still have a great cruise. Hey, if I didnt I wouldnt keep booking mid March spring break peak cruises year after year :)

This will be our third cruise in a row in the March "Spring Break" period the last two being on the Navigator. Last year I believe there were about 500 kids on the ship and I can't really say they bothered my husband or I. There were a lot of couples traveling without children. We did enjoy the Solarium pool area which is for 16 or 18 years on up and I do have to say the pool attendants did enforce this. We had the late dinner seating which did not attract as many of the younger crowd so I would choose this if I were you. March is a wonderful time to sail the Caribbean!

Carol

Spring breaks vary but generally run from early-mid March to mid-april. Around here the majority are at the end of March. I have sailed three times at spring break because I don't want to take my daughter out of school and have never had a problem and always had an enjoyable time. Last cruise was on the Adventure in 2003 and the ship was very full because of the number of families but there was still plenty of room and activites. The pool gets very crowded on sea day of course but I'm not a big sun worshipper so that is OK by me.

Archived