Part LXIX - Installment Travelogue:Cruising With the Mothers, Maasdam - Show Time

chesterh

This is part 19 of the story; part 69 in a series of travelogues covering the cruise adventures of the "X" family.

Once again, the body of this chapter is posted on my website. A big link below will take you to it.

See also:

Part 1 - A Crazy Idea

Part 2 - One Down

Part 3 - Come On, Ma

Part 4 - Two to Go

Part 5 - Formalities

Part 6 - A Grand Plan

Part 7 - I Meet HAL

Part 8 - Making Do

Part 9 - To the Ship

Part 10 - Picture This

Part 11 - Entry Denied

Part 12 - Going "UP"

Part 13 - Roll Call

Part 14 - Nightmare

Part 15 - Bar Harbor

Part 16 - Acadia National Park

Part 17 - Jordan Pond

Part 18 - Cadillac Mountain

From the last episode...

“Most people haven’t tasted the real thing, I suppose. Have you seen Kris?”

“No, we thought she was with you.”

When I stepped back outside, I was surprised to see that the weather had taken a turn for the worse. I didn’t think it was possible…

Part 19 (69) - Show Time

Nancy - we're on our way to PEI, a full day away. Did your crocuses come up this week?

Jim - GK promised to come back to NH again, and we'll be the first in line. I haven't forgotten about your project - looked at it the other night, and will get back to you soon (how do you define "soon").

Garry - We won't know about that until we get to the dining room - tomorrow, with any luck. In case you missed the message... that book is just for you. If your friends want to read it, they can get their own... (marketing 101)

chesterh

Garry - We won't know about that until we get to the dining room - tomorrow, with any luck. In case you missed the message... that book is just for you. If your friends want to read it, they can get their own... (marketing 101)

chesterh

Oh goody. You're going to write tonight!!! I'll be watching the boards tomorrow for the next chapter. Chester, I wish they sold your books on the ship. I think it would become a "ship best seller." If I let someone read it and they like it, they might buy the next one you publish.;)

Garry

chestah,

As ever, you make my day. I'm looking forward to the next chapter and I'm eagerly awaiting all the "other" ones. Kris and "the Mothers" look good, especially considering how water-logged they were just a few hours earlier.

I think for really, really popular nights -- such as GK shows and free champagne Captain's toasts -- that the guests for each sitting should be issued a coloured card indicative of their Dinner Sitting and have to surrender that card at the theatre entrance. Those with the incorrect card would have to wait -- and those with the correct card would have seats. Of course, my opinion is somewhat affected by being SRO victims -- in heels -- on our last cruise.:D

"turry"

Oh goody. You're going to write tonight!!! I'll be watching the boards tomorrow for the next chapter. Chester, I wish they sold your books on the ship. I think it would become a "ship best seller." If I let someone read it and they like it, they might buy the next one you publish.;) Garry

Garry, he must be writing now, the green dot next to his screen name is dark.:D

Terry

I've always been a GK fan. I watched a taping of his radio program once, believe it was on PBS, and like your mom needed to wipe my eyes a lot.

Looking forward to another chapter tomorrow --- perhaps. I've got my money on a table snafu. Barb

Garry - Of course, I wish they would, too. Feel free to put it in the suggestion box. I don't think there will be a "next one," barring a genuine miracle or two...

Thanks, "Turry." At least I was wearing my flats, so it wouldn't have been totally unbearable to stand...

Barb, tomorrow is today now. The tale will be told momentarily.

Nancy, Kris and I took a walk today. The forsythia is ready to burst, and the willows are fooled, too. Sounds like fun time for the commute tomorrow. Oh, boy...

chesterh

Archived