Box lunch - Iceland

CLOU

I have never requested a box lunch before, preferring to sample the local cuisine, but on our upcoming cruise we are renting a car in several ports in Iceland and driving off to some scenic desitinations where there may not be many, if any, lunch options.  We were thinking of requesitng box lunches but it occurred to me that Iceland, being an island nation, might not allow us to bring food off the ship.  My limited google research has left me with an unclear answer as to limited amounts of food for personal consumption.  I was wondering if anyone had experience with requesting a box lunch in Iceland.

Yes we did this on seabourn Quest in Iceland last July, as did quite a few other passengers.  We were on full day independent tours away from any villages or towns and so had to take a lunch.  We also did this in Orkney and Shetland 

Thanks for the quick reply.  Since Isafjordur is our first stop, and we are driving of to Dynjandi falls, I will make sure to order box lunches shortly after boarding.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you go about ordering a box lunch to take on an independent tour?  We would like to try this also when we are going independently  a couple of days to some scenic locations but little in the way of towns.

3 hours ago, CCKelly said:

How do you go about ordering a box lunch to take on an independent tour?  We would like to try this also when we are going independently  a couple of days to some scenic locations but little in the way of towns.

Just ask at Seabourn Square or phone Guest Services, the day prior. 

3 hours ago, CCKelly said:

Simple - call room service a day before, tell them what you want and when you'd like it delivered. The boxed lunch will arrive in your suite at the appointed time and you take it with you.