Question about spa balconies when

CarolinaMamma

We have two balconies booked for our family of 4. When we book, we have to put one adult and one kid in each room, then when we get onboard we get extra keys so that all of us can get in both rooms, and we put my husband and me in one room and the two teens in the other room. This is how we do it, the staff knows, and we’ve never had a problem with this before. 

Considering an upgrade bid for one of the rooms for a spa balcony or a spa mini suite. If one of our rooms is upgraded, let’s say, the room for me and my daughter, can we switch the room assignments once on board so that my husband and I are assigned to the spa cabin and the kids to the non-spa balcony?  I know we can’t do it in advance be3cause they need an adult booked in each room.

I have read conflicting information on this board when it comes to switching teens’ and adults’ rooms. In the past, we have just gotten extra keys and not officially changed who is in which room. If it’s not possible to actually change the cabin assignments once on board, maybe I should bid for the upgrade for both rooms, but I still don’t know what we’ll do if one room gets upgraded and the other doesn’t.