Carnival Credit Card ?

footballbabe3

My brain isn’t working. Help! My Carnival credit card, has an area that I can redeem points 

for charges. This card has a zero balance. These items have long been paid off.  How does this work? It’s saying I can redeem these points to pay for my excursions but they have been paid for months ago. Will I just have that extra money on my credit card?  

Edited by footballbabe3

Yes, it will be a statement credit.  If you are not currently using your card so there is no ongoing balance, I guess it will show up as a negative balance, then you could go use the card just to spend that "free money".  But I don't know this last part for sure, because i use this card for everything, and pay it off completely every month.  But I always have a balance on it, even though the balance doesn't carry over, if you understand what I mean.  Long day yesterday, no caffeine in my system yet.  I'm not even making sense to me.:classic_rolleyes: 

But I do cash in my FunPoints almost every year in this manner - always for a statement credit for qualifying purchases.  And always for a Carnival purchase amount over $1500, so that I can cash in 100,000 (or more) and get the 1.5% redemption rate, instead of the regular 1% rate.  I bet that's clear as mud.

EDIT: BTW, The purchases being paid for already is the only way that this "paying yourself back with FunPoints" system works.  Those qualifying purchases you're seeing in that section of your account are the only purchases for which you can "pay yourself back".  And they will each have a countdown clock of days for how long you have left to decide to redeem for them.

Edited by ShakyBeef