Victoria Butterfly Gardens...worth stopping by?

PittsburghNative

We are going to Butchart Gardens through CVS Tours and noticed that they make an additional stop on the way to Butchart where you can visit Victoria Butterfly Gardens. I’m wondering if it’s worth seeing or if we should focus all our time in Butchart Gardens. We are in port from 9am-6pm, and chose the 11am departure from the Fairmont Empress to Butchart Gardens.

Edited by PittsburghNative

I thought the butterfly gardens was OK. You don’t spend that much time there, and it was kind of interesting. They do have a lot of different butterflies, but I guess I am not that into buttflies! On the otherhand, I’ve been to Butchart gardens two or three times and love it there! I’m not that into flowers, either, but I thought Butchart Gardens was fascinating with how they made what could have been an eye sore into something beautiful. 

• Like 1

I think you need all that time at Butchart Gardens especially if you are going to take time out for lunch or a picnic.  We were there for three hours yesterday and we didn't take time for a refreshment break or get a chance to see the Japanese Garden and the Rose Garden.  I spend a lot of time taking pictures though, maybe you will go through at a faster pace.

If you are bringing children though they would enjoy the Butterfly Gardens.  I consider the Butterfly Gardens a good thing to do on a rainy day.  Butterfly Gardens has lots of tropical birds and butterflies.  I would check their website and see if it would be of interest to you.  https://www.butterflygardens.com/planyourvisit/

1 hour ago, murfie said:

I think you need all that time at Butchart Gardens especially if you are going to take time out for lunch or a picnic.  We were there for three hours yesterday and we didn't take time for a refreshment break or get a chance to see the Japanese Garden and the Rose Garden.  I spend a lot of time taking pictures though, maybe you will go through at a faster pace.

If you are bringing children though they would enjoy the Butterfly Gardens.  I consider the Butterfly Gardens a good thing to do on a rainy day.  Butterfly Gardens has lots of tropical birds and butterflies.  I would check their website and see if it would be of interest to you.  https://www.butterflygardens.com/planyourvisit/

We are making reservations at The Dining Room, I didn’t even take that into consideration. From what it sounds like, I don’t think there’s anyway to do both.