Local or close store to Hampton Inn Convention Center

l2f

Hello,

Hope someone can help.  First time sailing out of NOLA.  Flying in day prior to cruise.  Staying at Hampton Inn Convention Center.  Need a place close by to buy wine, snacks like Granola bars, suntan lotion, and possibly a few personal items.  We were hoping to have the taxi stop while driving us from MSY to hotel.  Not sure what road a taxi would be taking 10 or 61.  Saw Winn Dixie on Williams Blvd, (if using 10) or Airline Drive (if using 61).  Some mention Cajun Market and Rouses.  But not sure they sell the items we would be looking for.

I did post this on the New Orlenas board, but I think that is a port of call board, not departure board.  Sorry if in the wrong place.

Thanks in Advance.

L2F

A follow up question would be the taxi rate.  I read it is a flat rate $36 from MSY to Hampton Inn for two people.  Would the stop at a store just and a cost, or eliminate the flat rate, and make the whole trip metered?

It would either be be metered, or some sort of surcharge added if you make the stop.  Cajun Market should have all that you are looking for, and is a 6 min walk (per Google Maps) to your hotel.  Rouses would be a 20 minute walk.

Edited by loanshark