Auckland Airport to cruise ship berth with scooter

seattleslew

Some time ago a very nice man responded to a thread about this subject, but now I can't find it.  He told me he reads CC infrequently so I need to ask again:  does the Auckland airport have shuttles to the ship or taxis or vans that will hold our scooter without our needing to break it down?   He actually gave me the name of a driver who specializes in scooter/wheelchair transport.  Thanks.

You could take the Sky Bus if you are travelling with others. 

Taxi companies do have maxi Taxis but beware they are expensive unfortunately. Our services are not like Australia. 

Hopefully others will be more helpful than me. 

It has been many years ago... March 2009. I booked the ship's shuttle / tour. Our flight from LAX arrived there around 5:00 am. Believe there were also other early arrivals. It was a combination shuttle and tour plus we stopped someplace where we could get a snack (not a full breakfast). It was a nice tour; mostly sight seeing plus a couple stops. That was a Celebrity cruise sailing to Honolulu. I think they put my scooter with the luggage. Not exactly positive. Regardless, the scooter made it to the ship with me.

My little Go Go fits in most luggage compartments. Might have to drop the tiller down.

I'd suggest you contact the cruise line.

Have a wonderful trip.

Betty