Noise Single Cabin QM2

capegirl

Have booked a single cabin deck 2 (deck 3 full) on TA.  Unfortunately after I booked I read this thread on CC " The engine noise and vibrations were very noticeable and there were very loud intermittent rumbling noises and banging from the crew area below on deck 1".  I was horrified.  I have sailed on QV on low deck and the vibrations were horrendous!  Has anyone sailed on QM2 single cabin deck 2 who could put my mind at rest!

Yes I booked one of those single cabins on QM2  (August 2017 ,cabin 2004 deck 2) I'm sorry to say, after the first 24hrs I had to make a request to move, due to the intermittent vibrations and other noises. In over 50 Cunard voyages/cruises I've never ever had any problems with my stateroom allocation, however, on this occasion I had to make an appointment with the duty customer services manager who visited the cabin, I have to say she was very sympathetic and understanding and agreed with me that the rumblings and vibrations would even disturb her sleep.

Unfortunately the ship was almost fully booked , they could only offer me an inside cabin which I opted for .

So sorry to put a dampers on your booking. 

59 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Yes I booked one of those single cabins on QM2  (August 2017 ,cabin 2004 deck 2) I'm sorry to say, after the first 24hrs I had to make a request to move, due to the intermittent vibrations and other noises. In over 50 Cunard voyages/cruises I've never ever had any problems with my stateroom allocation, however, on this occasion I had to make an appointment with the duty customer services manager who visited the cabin, I have to say she was very sympathetic and understanding and agreed with me that the rumblings and vibrations would even disturb her sleep.

Unfortunately the ship was almost fully booked , they could only offer me an inside cabin which I opted for .

So sorry to put a dampers on your booking. 

Thank you Bellboy!  Dont be sorry I am glad of your advice.  Am on to Cunard now!  They should never sell cabins like this when they know there is noise and vibrations!  

Hi, 

I was upgraded to one of these staterooms (2010) for a seven-day Canada / New England cruise in September 2016. I did not have a problem with noise during my cruise. The stateroom was beautiful and I liked the convenient location on Deck 2. I was assigned to a single stateroom on Deck 3 for a seven-day world cruise segment from Hong Kong to Singapore in late March / early April 2017. I liked both categories of the new single staterooms.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9