Questions about my upcoming cruise

linky99

Heading out on the Splendor in a few weeks and I have a few questions. I've tried searching for previous posts, but I have a really hard time figuring out Cruise Critics search and come up empty overtime. Here are my questions:

1. I'm bringing an empty thermos on board. Should I carry it on in my carry on bag or pack it? I'm afraid if I pack it, they are more likely to go through my luggage.

2. I'm bringing champagne for sail away. What's the best way to get champagne glasses in my room. Stop at a bar and ask for them or try and find my room steward and ask them?

3. Towels - can I take carnival pool towels on my excursion?

4. Drawers - are there enough drawers for 3 people to put their clothing in? Do you recommend bringing a sweater holder for the closet or is it unnecessary? 

5. Does anyone know how much space is under the bed for storing luggage? 1 foot, 2 feet, etc.

6. Can you request extra blankets and pillows?

Ok, I think that's it. Thank you in advance for your answers!

Edited by linky99

You can take the towels but be sure to bring them back to your room or you will be charged.

That's the one I'm sure on so I'll let other people answer the other ones.

Enjoy our cruise! I am sure it will be fabulous!!

1. I'm bringing an empty thermos on board. Should I carry it on in my carry on bag or pack it? I'm afraid if I pack it, they are more likely to go through my luggage.

A- Empty should not be a problem either way

2. I'm bringing champagne for sail away. What's the best way to get champagne glasses in my room. Stop at a bar and ask for them or try and find my room steward and ask them?

A- You may not see your steward before sail away so if you really need them stop at a bar.

A- Yes but don't lose them or you buy them

4. Drawers - are there enough drawers for 3 people to put their clothing in? Do you recommend bringing a sweater holder for the closet or is it unnecessary? 

A- Unless you pack extremely heavy, there should be plenty of room.

5. Does anyone know how much space is under the bed for storing luggage? 1 foot, 2 feet, etc.

A- I don't know the measurements but our 2 huge suitcases fit under the bed just fine.  may be room for 3 but not sure since there is only 2 of us.

A--Talk to the steward.  They will hook you up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, linky99 said:

Heading out on the Splendor in a few weeks and I have a few questions. I've tried searching for previous posts, but I have a really hard time figuring out Cruise Critics search and come up empty overtime. Here are my questions:

If the Thermos is empty, it will not matter whether it's packed in your checked or carry-on.  It is not a prohibited item and should not "raise any red flags" for the baggage scanners.  But if it is a concern for you, and you have the space in your carry-on, I say go ahead and pack it in there, so that you don't have to worry about it.

Either of these should get your champagne glasses to you.  Stopping by a bar will probably be the fastest way to get them. You can also order empty champagne glasses from Room Service.

Yes, just make sure you bring the same number of towels back so that you don't get charged for them.

It depends - what type of cabin and how much clothing?  Generally though, the storage and closet space in Carnival cabins is sufficient for a family, but can be tight.

It's about 10 inches to a foot high, if my memory serves.  And the area of a King size bed, if that is how you have your bed configured (two Twins pushed together to make a King).  There are some bed legs to deal with under there, but lots of space for your suitcases.

Yes, absolutely.  In fact, your Room Steward may even ask automatically if you want these or other additional items when you first meet him/her.

Ok, I think that's it. Thank you in advance for your answers!

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1