Zuiderdam aft vibration

KalenaD

Hi, we were recently on the Westerdam and noticed the aft vibration in the dining room, no big deal for dinner but wouldn't like it in my room.

I understand this was supposed to be addressed on the Zuiderdam's recent drydock, anyone sailed since then and can comment?

Anyone stayed on an upper promanade aft area room that can comment?

Also, is there any size difference in a balcony cabin that has a shower only, not a tub?

THANKS!

We sailed on the Zuiderdam Jan 7-14th. Aft Cabin 5184. We definitely felt the vibration. Didn't bother me too much except during the night.. I seemed to notice it more than my DH.. who can sleep thru anything.:)

Enjoy your cruise...Oh, we had a tub, but I'm not sure if all cabins do..

When I sailed the Zuiderdam last March, we had suite 5187 and we truly did not feel any vibration out of the ordinary. You will feel movement, after all, your on the water, but a vibration we did not feel. Maybe we were lucky, not sure.

We just sailed the Zuiderdam ( January 14-21-2006) in cabin 5187. What a wonderful cabin and balcony!! We had a little vibration but not enough to worry us. The folks (hi Nell and Mel !) below us in 4185 said they did also feel some vibration. We did have some "rocking and rolling" a couple of days. :)

Barb

We were on the Zuiderdam Jan 14-21 in stateroom 8123. We didn't feel anything unusual as far as vibration (but there is always some movement on a ship). By the way, we had booked a Category F GTY (minimum unobstructed outside cabin) and ended up with gorgeous stateroom 8123! Don't know about the shower vs tub - we had a tub.

Archived