Spice tour in Grenada

Iowaian

Am wondering if this is worth going to or are spices/rum the same price at the markets in Grenada? TKS

My wife and I took our honeymoon in Grenada several years ago, some friends who had been to the resort we were staying at recomended Mandoo Tours, and they were right,this guy was fantastisc. He was born and raised on Grenada and is a wealth of knowledge. I am not sure of your time limits but he takes you to the area where the spices are processed, a rum factory (some of the strongest rum I have ever tasted) and into the rainforest. Then to top it off half way through the day you stop for lunch. When you book the tour we thought we were going to a restaurant,,, ohhhh no, you are driving along and then he pulls into a drive way of this house. Then this fantastic lady comes out and served us one of the best lunches I have ever had, she serves all kinds of local flavor,, This is about 4 years ago and I still can taste the chicken,,, yummmmyyy. The total cost for this was like $45 a person it was an awesome deal. Here is a link to his website http://grenadatours.com . Also here is a quote from his website "If you will be arriving by cruise-ship and have only a limited time, then I can help you get the most out of your visit. " Good luck and enjoy

Am wondering if this is worth going to or are spices/rum the same price at the markets in Grenada? TKS

My wife and I took our honeymoon in Grenada several years ago, some friends who had been to the resort we were staying at recomended Mandoo Tours, and they were right,this guy was fantastisc. He was born and raised on Grenada and is a wealth of knowledge. I am not sure of your time limits but he takes you to the area where the spices are processed, a rum factory (some of the strongest rum I have ever tasted) and into the rainforest. Then to top it off half way through the day you stop for lunch. When you book the tour we thought we were going to a restaurant,,, ohhhh no, you are driving along and then he pulls into a drive way of this house. Then this fantastic lady comes out and served us one of the best lunches I have ever had, she serves all kinds of local flavor,, This is about 4 years ago and I still can taste the chicken,,, yummmmyyy. The total cost for this was like $45 a person it was an awesome deal. Here is a link to his website http://grenadatours.com . Also here is a quote from his website "If you will be arriving by cruise-ship and have only a limited time, then I can help you get the most out of your visit. " Good luck and enjoy

We were there in Feb 05. We took Mandoo's tour. The best tour that we have ever taken. Forget the mediocre Princess tour, go with Mandoo. It is better, more informative, longer, and cheaper. Besides, you money will stay on the island instead of sailing home in the pockets of Princess. Mandoo has a website.

Archived