Would you choose Interior or Oceanview?

BRKNFL

I typically travel solo and book inside cabins because there isn't much to look at in the Caribbean and I'm barely in my room. I will be sailing on my first Alaska cruise this July on the Ruby and booked a balcony. I'm sure there will be tons of stuff to look at especially when there is a day of scenic cruising.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update anyone who might be following or reading. We ended up choosing cabin P524 instead of 505 because it is port side and because it is below staterooms instead of below a public area. I read about the debates between sides when cruising Alaska, but in the end the thing that swayed me was reading that the gangway connects on the starboard side right near where we were originally thinking.

I found this website helpful describing the plaza deck: https://*****/CruiseShips/BestCabins.aspx?ShipName=coral+princess

And this video for a room comparison: 

When we went with my in laws, they had paid for an inside, unknown to them I paid for an oceanview cabin.  A few times, at 10pm, she would phone our cabin to say, look out your window for the scenery passing by.  I was glad I had gotten the oceanview cabin for them.