Which Beach for Snorkeling?

RedRox

Hi All,

Should we spend a day at Playa Porto Marie, or at Knip and Grot? Wife likes to just lay on beach, but I like to snorkel.  Which is better? Porto Marie or Knip for snorkeling? I know that Knip has the added bonus that you can then use chairs at Grot for same price.  Thanks in advance! Are they both pretty? If so, which has better snorkeling?

5 hours ago, RedRox said:

Hi All,

Should we spend a day at Playa Porto Marie, or at Knip and Grot? Wife likes to just lay on beach, but I like to snorkel.  Which is better? Porto Marie or Knip for snorkeling? I know that Knip has the added bonus that you can then use chairs at Grot for same price.  Thanks in advance! Are they both pretty? If so, which has better snorkeling?

Grote Knip and Klein (little) Knip yes you can use the receipt for chairs at both.

Grote Knip is one of the prettiest beaches here IMO but not consistently good snorkeling. 

Klein Knip (oh also called Kenepa Chiki) usually has good snorkeling. 

Porto Mari has good snorkeling and the bonus of 2 pigs and several brand new piglets.

9 hours ago, RedRox said:

Great, thank you!  If you had to choose, which would be better for snorkeling between the two? Also, which would be the better all around beach day?

Porto Mari has a restaurant, bathrooms, etc. Grote Knip charges $1.00 I believe for the bathroom and additional for the shower.

If you want a full service beach, Porto Mari would be it.