Platinum level cabin gifts

SLH

I'm going on my first cruise as a platinum level member and was just wondering what I might receive on the ship? Also, do they ever give upgrades to crown and anchor members at check-in?

I'm on the Legend Feb.18 I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to CC! :)

As far as cabin gifts go I believe you get the same C&A gift no matter what level.

Benefits include robes in your cabin (regardless of category) for use during the cruise. If they’re not in your cabin when you arrive, ask your steward for them. You also get priority embarkation and a private lounge in which to wait for debarkation.

If you have a balcony cabin be sure to get your Platinum discount. We got $100 off for our upcoming 7-night cruise. It will be our first cruise as Platinum too. :)

Once at Diamond Plus level you sometimes get snacks and other goodies in your cabin but that seems to be hit or miss according to some recent posts on the board. I hope to personally find out someday what you get at Diamond Plus. I'm working on it as fast as I can! :D

We just finished our first cruise as Platinum members. We recieved silver pins to welcome us to the platinum level, tote bags and robes in the room. We also recieved the coupon booklets with better discounts then the gold coupons. We did book our next cruise onboard and recieved a good discount on a balcony cabin.

It depends on the ship and the Loyalty Ambassador. We have something like 6 belly bags, 4 toiletry rolls and 3 tote bags (small). The last 3 cruises have been the tote bags.

Platinum balcony discount is $100 for 7-9 night cruise, $200 for 10 nights or more. Diamond is $200 and $300 respectively.

I was not aware of any discount if you are a platinum member.What I am seeing looks like an on board credit if you book while you are on a cruise.If I am wrong please give me more info because we just booked the JOS for a December cruise and I am not aware of any discounts and we are at the platinum level.

I was not aware of any discount if you are a platinum member.What I am seeing looks like an on board credit if you book while you are on a cruise.If I am wrong please give me more info because we just booked the JOS for a December cruise and I am not aware of any discounts and we are at the platinum level.
Platinum members get a discount on balcony cabins (or higher). It's a discount, not an onboard credit. It depends on how long your cruise is and I don't know the breakdown of number of nights but we got $100 off our upcoming 7-night cruise. We also got the onboard credit for booking it while on our last cruise.

The discount is not automatic. You have to call C&A and have them apply it. It comes right off your balance due.

The discount is not automatic. You have to call C&A and have them apply it. It comes right off your balance due.

Or you're TA if you've used a TA to book the cruise. When we reached Platinum, I had to call the TA to get the credit applied to our next two cruises, which were booked when we were still Gold members. It was something of a PIA as I had used a online consolidator and full service isn't part of their program. Now that RCI has blocked discounting of their cruises, I'll move my bookings to a TA that can handle these requests without my having to explain them 4 or 5 times, then having to wait a couple of months to see that it's been applied.

Call who you booked the cruise with and have them apply the credit. Does not matter that you have already booked and would not effect any credit one gets for booking onboard. You must be in a blacony or higher for the discount.

Also short cruises get $50 off balcony, think it's anything less then 7 days.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I called my travel agent yesterday, and he just confirmed that I have been credited the $100 for our upcoming Freedom trip. When I booked it I was a Gold member, but the Jr. Suite on the Mariner (11/05) brought us up to Platinum status. After the Freedom, I will have only 3 more credits to get before we are Diamond! Maybe we can book a Jr. Suite on a 12 night, that would take care of the 3 credits in one shot! LOL

I will be taking my first RCI cruise in September, but my roomie will become a platinum member on the cruise. If one person in the cabin is a platinum member, does everyone in the cabin get the perks (bathrobe, priority embarkation, and private lounge for debarkation) or is it only for the platinum member? If so, then I know that I picked the right person to room with. :p

I will be taking my first RCI cruise in September, but my roomie will become a platinum member on the cruise. If one person in the cabin is a platinum member, does everyone in the cabin get the perks (bathrobe, priority embarkation, and private lounge for debarkation) or is it only for the platinum member? If so, then I know that I picked the right person to room with. :p

If your roomie is a Gold member now, they do not become a Platinum member until they have completed the cruise you are on. It does not happen during the cruise. They will still be considered a Gold member.

Perhaps I misspoke. :o I believe that this is her first cruise as a platinum member.

Same question as before. Not that it is that big of a deal, but I was just wondering how it works if one person in the cabin is a platinum member and the other one is not.

Thanks for your help!!!

They will be the only one to get the Platinum discounts, if any apply, and booklet.

Your quote: I will be taking my first RCI cruise in September

It says you did the Legend in your cruise list. Isn't that RCI? That would make you a Gold member and entitled to a coupon book if you sign up now.

I am not concerned about the booklet (I didn't even know one existed or what is in it). My question is more geared towards the priority embarkation and special lounge to wait in for debarkation. And having a robe to use for the week would be nice too. :)

The robe should be an automatic and for priority disembarktation just follow your roomie.they do not ID you.

Depends on the ship. The robe will not be automatic for the non-platinum member. Some ships may go ahead and put two robes in the room, others may get the extra robe if it's asked for and still others will hold the company line and only put one robe in the room for the platinum member.

For that matter, the robe "should" be automatic for the Platinum member but it's not. We went for 6 nights without the robes being delivered on our 12 night Med cruise. They finally caught their mistake and brought the robes. We didn't ask for them as we have little use for them. I suppose if we were going back and forth to the pools we'd use them but, we're not pool people.

RCI could stand for Really Consistantly Inconsistant of many things.

As far as embarkation and disembarkation, I've read many posts that have said non-platinum members who were traveling with Platinum members were allowed to follow along without question. I've never seen anyone (yet) who has posted differently about this.

Interesting thread. I specifically inquired of C&A concerning when I go Diamond and my wife will lag a couple of credits behind and they informed me that RCI policy is when one member of the immediate household goes to the next higher level, the spouse or other immediate household member (all residing at same address) follows. Concept is that they don't want disparate membership for a husband and wife, etc. Now, whether that policy will continue to hold, who knows?

In any event, since we tend to book GS or OS, we always get the robes, amenities anyway. That's one way to shortcircuit the issue! T LEX

I don't believe the OP is a spouse of the Platinum member, so that might make a difference. I can see keeping husband and wife benefits that same. Who would want an upset spouse on a cruise? Could make it so the spouse would want to cruise another line so that both received equal treatment.

But, with RCI, they are anything but consistant from what I've experienced and from what I've read on these forums.

Interesting thread. I specifically inquired of C&A concerning when I go Diamond and my wife will lag a couple of credits behind and they informed me that RCI policy is when one member of the immediate household goes to the next higher level, the spouse or other immediate household member (all residing at same address) follows. Concept is that they don't want disparate membership for a husband and wife, etc. Now, whether that policy will continue to hold, who knows?

My husband and I are both, of course, Diamond members and we each have our own C&A number. Now get this...I was checking my cruises on the C&A website and they had me down for one less credit than my husband. When I inquired about the missing credit, I was told that because the last cruise we went on, our daughter and her friend were only 20, so when I booked our cabins, I put myself in the cabin with her friend, and put my daughter's name in the JS with my husband. C&A told me that even though they KNOW we did the switcheroo on the keys and seapass, technically my booking shows me as being in an inside cabin. So, I didn't get 2 credits for a JS. But my daughter gets the 2 credits because it shows her as being booked in the JS, not me.

Last cruise, one gal with us was on her first cruise, her roomie on her second, so she was gold level. The gal on her first cruise got the gold booklet and a tote bag, so if you are in the cabin with someone then good chances you will get the same benefits if your TA sets things up right.. :D

I need one more cruise to become Platinum. Please explain the credits to me - do you get certain credits for certain cabins and how do you find out how many credits you have? I though it went by the number of cruises you have taken. My husband needs two more cruises to become Platinum. I am assuming based on what I read here, that he will become Platinum when I do.

It depends, it is based on number of cruises BUT there are a few exceptions to the rule.

Receive an extra cruise credit when you purchase and sail in a suite (categories RS, OS, FS, GS, JS) for sailings beginning on or after January 1, 2004

Receive two cruise credits for a 12-night or longer cruise/cruisetour on or after January 1, 2003 ****

So you can get extra credits by sailing in a higher category cabin. I am getting extra credit for a JS this cruise, thus bumping me up to Diamond a little faster.

Archived