Is it possible to purchase "regular" upgrade to higher category after bid accepted?

TrumpyNor

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase a "regular" upgrade to an even higher cabin category (meaning paying current online price) after getting a bid accepted? My situation is that I got my bid accepted for an upgrade from inside to balcony cabin, but I see on ncl.com that a mini-suite now cost just a little  more than I have paid in total for my current balcony cabin. I know that the room itself is just a little bit larger than a balcony cabin, but I do like the larger bathroom. I know that I can't "bid" anymore - but I am talking about purchasing an upgrade "the old way" and in total pay the current online price - has anyone done that AFTER first been upgraded through the bidding program?

I

Just now, Jembeccatoo said:

Call NCL and ask. You will still have to pay at least what your bid was. 

Maybe I didn't make myself clear - I am actually willing to pay the difference between what I have paid now (including bid) and the current online price. Since I am in Europe it is not the most convenient for me to call NCL, so before sending an e-mail to my PCC at NCL I just wanted to ask here if someone knew....

12 hours ago, keep on cruisin said:

Yes, i just did it for our Jade cruise this week.  We originally booked oceanview, bid accepted for minisuite and we than upgraded to aft penthouse.

We paid the difference between our total paid and the new rate keeping the original promos

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it!

23 hours ago, keep on cruisin said:

Yes, i just did it for our Jade cruise this week.  We originally booked oceanview, bid accepted for minisuite and we than upgraded to aft penthouse.

We paid the difference between our total paid and the new rate keeping the original promos

So it looks like the winning bid really wasn't factored in because if you called when you were still in the OV you would've paid the same amount to get to the SF right? 

26 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

So it looks like the winning bid really wasn't factored in because if you called when you were still in the OV you would've paid the same amount to get to the SF right? 

That is correct. The only effect the bid had was since that money had been collected it was considered part of the prior payments.  The net total did not  change due to the bidding system.  I just hope it does not effect my chances of future bids being accepted. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, keep on cruisin said:

That is correct. The only effect the bid had was since that money had been collected it was considered part of the prior payments.  The net total did not  change due to the bidding system.  I just hope it does not effect my chances of future bids being accepted. 

Thanks for clarifying.  I think the OP's question was more: if a bid was accepted can they purchase a regular upgrade from the new location and ONLY pay the difference between the new and the regular upgrade...... and that answer is no. 

14 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

Thanks for clarifying.  I think the OP's question was more: if a bid was accepted can they purchase a regular upgrade from the new location and ONLY pay the difference between the new and the regular upgrade...... and that answer is no. 

He stated the price difference for total paid for upgraded balcony to mini suite was minimal. So i believe he was asking if he could pay that difference between what he had paid and the current rate for the minisuite which the answer is yes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, keep on cruisin said:

He stated the price difference for total paid for upgraded balcony to mini suite was minimal. So i believe he was asking if he could pay that difference between what he had paid and the current rate for the minisuite which the answer is yes.

We are both right based on our two scenarios and interpretation of what he asked. 

1 hour ago, keep on cruisin said:

Than i dont understand how your scenario differs?

Your scenario: you pay 1,800 for OV and bid 600 for a MA minisuite for total of 2,400.  You then want to upgrade to SF aft penthouse which is 5,000.  You have already paid 2,400 so they apply that and your balance owed is 2,600 to go to the SF aft penthouse. 

My scenario: I pay 1,800 for OV and bid 600 for MA minisuite for a total of 2,400. I then want to upgrade to SF aft penthouse which is 5,000. Currently, the mini suite I'm assigned is a MA and mock booking shows this purchase price is 3,800. I pay the difference between the MA purchase price of 3,800 and the SF purchase price which is 5,000 meaning my balance owed is only 1,200...... 1,400 less than yours.

There have been questions on this board where people think their winning bid actually gives them the cash value of the new room (MA in this case)....... your scenario is exactly what happens but people think the scenario I outlined is what should happen.... then they come back and are upset. 

So...... my scenario differs greatly from yours 

17 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

Your scenario: you pay 1,800 for OV and bid 600 for a MA minisuite for total of 2,400.  You then want to upgrade to SF aft penthouse which is 5,000.  You have already paid 2,400 so they apply that and your balance owed is 2,600 to go to the SF aft penthouse. 

My scenario: I pay 1,800 for OV and bid 600 for MA minisuite for a total of 2,400. I then want to upgrade to SF aft penthouse which is 5,000. Currently, the mini suite I'm assigned is a MA and mock booking shows this purchase price is 3,800. I pay the difference between the MA purchase price of 3,800 and the SF purchase price which is 5,000 meaning my balance owed is only 1,200...... 1,400 less than yours.

There have been questions on this board where people think their winning bid actually gives them the cash value of the new room (MA in this case)....... your scenario is exactly what happens but people think the scenario I outlined is what should happen.... then they come back and are upset. 

So...... my scenario differs greatly from yours 

Now i get your scenario, and yes that would not be how it would work.  I don't however believe that is what the OP was trying to do. I believe he was trying my scenario.  Happy sailing.  Can't wait as my scenario for me sails on Thursday.  

15 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Just for clarification - I meant it the way "Keep on Cruisin" replied in his/her first reply.

14 hours ago, keep on cruisin said:

This is my scenario... 😉 And I am a "she"... 😄