Private Island Beach Break

Sailor-man

There is a post a about a dozen or so down from this one about a Coral Breeze excursion. Its by a poster named cruisegal29...she has a bunch of great pics of Bannister Island. The place looks heavenly. I have the the same outting planned thru Carnival as you for the Miracle 2/5-2/12. Scroll down abit and check our her pics. If the food is good there, the sun is shining, and its not crowded like her pics show, I will be thrilled.

I read on the boards that many of the operators were shut down after the scuba diver went missing off Caulker Caye while on a excursion. Read down to missing..... It might be on the next page. I believe that he was not recovered.

Karyn

We did the Bannister Island with Carnival and it was great! Just don't eat there! We did and ending up with the nurse on board. She said did you eat on the Island?? That explains all. But the island is heavenly and great for swimming too. It was our only beach day on the trip as Costa Rica and Panama aren't really beach friendly.

I have received assurances that Coral Breeze doing business as usual. Our group has booked with confidence for our March cruise.

Somewhere I read that Coral Breeze was not listed in the tourism board site but with a quick search I found them!

http://www.travelbelize.org/

Coral Breeze was offering just the tour we wanted.. all 8 of us! We are looking forward to our excursion!

We did the Bannister Island with Carnival and it was great! Just don't eat there! We did and ending up with the nurse on board. She said did you eat on the Island?? That explains all. But the island is heavenly and great for swimming too. It was our only beach day on the trip as Costa Rica and Panama aren't really beach friendly.

Thanks for that tip!

I booked the Private Island Beach Break through Carnival after contacting Paul from Coral Breeze. He told me Coral Breeze can't offer tours on the days that only the Legend is in port so as not to be in competition with Carnival.

Just received a note from the folks who manage Bannister Cayes advising that the problems with food related illnesses have been addressed.

"We are aware of the comment made about the food on cruise critic which we take very seriously and has been fully addressed which included the replacing of cooks and changing our suppliers. Since that time we closely monitor our guests feedback about the food and to date it has been all positive."

If anyone has recent experiences .. pls post. :)__________________

• 1 month later...
Has anyone been to Bannister Island recently? I'm wondering how the food is now, and if the food related illness issues have really been addressed. Has anyone eaten there lately?

We were on the 2/12/06 sailing of the Norwegian Dawn. We went to Bannister Caye. It was a rainy day, but a beautiful place. I had a hot dog & fries, DH had the chicken & fries. We both live to tell about it:D .

What about the beach? I have read other posts that it is mushy...that you sink into the mud like sand? Is that true? Also how shallow is it? I like to be able to walk out at least waist deep...couldn't do that at Goffs Caye...it was much too shallow.

thanks for any info!

We just did the Turneffe Atoll Snorkle and Beach Break through Carnival last week. Bannister Caye was postcard perfect. I wish we could have stayed there for hours. The whole trip was great. Here is one of the pictures from Bannister Caye.

belize%20stich.jpg

Diane

What about the beach? I have read other posts that it is mushy...that you sink into the mud like sand? Is that true? Also how shallow is it? I like to be able to walk out at least waist deep...couldn't do that at Goffs Caye...it was much too shallow.

thanks for any info!

It was a rainy day:( We sat for awhile on the lounge chairs which had blue foam cushions that you could use to float on in the water (like a raft). I had water shoes on . The sand on the beach was raked. Never got in the water because it rained and we ended up sitting at tables and chairs outdoors near the bar , listening to music and having lunch.

It was a beautiful place even with the rain, :)

Archived