Summit 4-6-19 Review

Jazzbo

4 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

My parents and brother were all happy with their cabins (1127 and 1123). Noise was not a problem.

Thank you for the feedback. 

We decided not to risk it and changed decks. I enjoyed reading your review. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 9:40 AM, Pieface2000 said:

How were the live bands? Who was the captain of the ship? Just wondering sailing in June on the Summit.

Thanks

I'm afraid I don't remember the name of the captain. The live bands played various types of music.  Our major complaint was that the volume was so loud, it was difficult to have a conversation.  We did enjoy some of th music, especially sitting out on our balcony and listening to the singer at the Sunset Bar.

25 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

I'm afraid I don't remember the name of the captain. The live bands played various types of music.  Our major complaint was that the volume was so loud, it was difficult to have a conversation.  We did enjoy some of th music, especially sitting out on our balcony and listening to the singer at the Sunset Bar.

We were on just after you-April 20th for the same itinerary.  I, too, cannot remember the Captain's name, but he was EVERYWHERE, and very genial.  All the officers were!  We did get the helipad sailout, and met the officers there.  Great group.

As for volume, especially at the Martini Bar, it's a long-standing complaint.  We oddly found relief when the music changed from the piped-in variety to the DJ.  We ate later, and the DJ started around 7:00, so that's when we met for drinks.  Much nicer.  Trying to have drinks with a group, we, too, used Cellar Masters.

All in all a great cruise.

Andrew

3 hours ago, red919 said:

Have the cabin televisions been upgraded on Summit as well...for example, do they offer on-demand movies and the ability to check your account, etc,  as on the Solstice class ships?

Yes. Big flat screens.  I didn't order movies, but did check our account a few times.  The only issue is that it is on the wall across from the bed, and, while a good place for viewing, I bumped into the edge of it a few times when trying to sneak to the bathroom in the middle of the night without disturbing my partner.

I finally decided walking towards the bed and feeling my way around with my thigh, and risking bumping an errant foot was preferable to the groan of pain elicited by hitting the edge of the t.v.😉

18 minutes ago, Blazerboy said:

I finally decided walking towards the bed and feeling my way around with my thigh, and risking bumping an errant foot was preferable to the groan of pain elicited by hitting the edge of the t.v.😉

That's why we each keep a small flashlight on our nightstand.

Easy to see where we are going at night, or find something in a drawer or closet, without disturbing the other person.

4 hours ago, Blazerboy said:

Yes. Big flat screens.  I didn't order movies, but did check our account a few times.  The only issue is that it is on the wall across from the bed, and, while a good place for viewing, I bumped into the edge of it a few times when trying to sneak to the bathroom in the middle of the night without disturbing my partner.

Thanks!  Good to hear and I shall also keep your late night maneuverings in mind so as not to bump into it as well. 😉

Thanks again! 😊

Edited by red919