Bike Ride - downtown San Miguel to Chankanaab

dmori

Thinking of renting peddle bikes for a self guided day trip from downtown San Miguel (bike rental location) to Chakanaab Park? Do-able with time allowance to explore the park and meander our way back? 2 adults. Google maps says 31 min by bike. Is this accurate? We are in port 10am-6pm and would need time allowance to catch a cab from Puerto Maya and back. Thanks! Open to self guided tour stops and suggestions instead as well! Thanks! 

Edited by dmori
Spelling

I think it's doable, and I think the Google maps is pretty accurate - if you're a fast biker it's probably less, but it's a good estimate for planning. If you add too many other stops, you are limiting your time at the park, and traffic in the afternoon is likely to be heavy with people getting back to their ships especially if there's a lot docked that day. So just keep that in mind for getting a taxi back from San Miguel. Is there not a bike rental location closer to port? That would cut out the taxi to/from San Miguel. feel like I have seen them, but it is entirely possible I am thinking of somewhere else. 

Edited by lab_love123

If you want to do this from Puerta Maya, a little under 6 kilometers (maybe 3.5 miles)  Take a look at Rent-A Bike Cozumel.

They can have the bike at the pier/shopping area entrance for you with advanced reservations.

http://www.rentabikecozumel.com/

A ride from downtown San Miguel to past PM pier is narrow streets of condos and hotels and a few beach bar resorts. Not very scenic. 

On the return you can take the old highway and have less traffic, more scenic route back part of the way to PM.