Dining room switch from early fixed to “waitlist” Select

360Guy

Hi,

We are Select and traveling with my brother and sister in law who got early fixed. When the TA called the best Celebrity would do is “waitlist” them for Select. I tried calling Captains Club as we are Elite. Could not help us.  Guess we wait to see if they clear the waitlist or visit the dining room maitre d? Or Captains Club concierge?  Sailing is June 16.

Anyone have similar experience and any suggestions?

Thank You!

1 hour ago, 360Guy said:

Hi,

We are Select and traveling with my brother and sister in law who got early fixed. When the TA called the best Celebrity would do is “waitlist” them for Select. I tried calling Captains Club as we are Elite. Could not help us.  Guess we wait to see if they clear the waitlist or visit the dining room maitre d? Or Captains Club concierge?  Sailing is June 16.

Anyone have similar experience and any suggestions?

Thank You!

The maitre d' is usually positioned somewhere in a lounge or lobby outside the dining room during the afternoon of embarkation day to process  requests for such changes. 

If there are a lot of people wanting changes (which often happens) they give you a number and ask you to take a seat and wait for your number to be called.

Even if they can't give you what you want for the first night, they often accommodate change requests by the second night.  They really want everyone to be happy.

But if you are willing to eat dinner late on the first night, they will probably accommodate your request even on the first night as they always have more people wanting to eat early than late.

(Well, perhaps not on European itineraries as Europeans usually like to have dinner later than Americans.)