Hobby Airport To Galveston 4/1/2006

suzcruise4fun

:rolleyes: Hello cruisers, We are a family of 6 now taking the Conquest 4/2/2006 cruise. Myself husband of 26 years, boys 19 & 24 yrs old & 2 of their friends. We are arriving @Hobby airport on Saturday Morning 11:30ish. I am still trying to figure the best way to get to galveston. We are staying at the HolidayInn on the beach. I want to use a limo service but not to sure after everything I have been reading. Is there any one else maybe a party of two or three who might want to share a limo??:confused: This is our second cruise and the boys first. Can't hardly wait! Any info appreciated.

Thanks, Suz

What kind of limo service are you looking for? A real live limo or just transportation? I rode down to Galveston for a cruise one time with a total of 9 women in an Excursion Limo (which is pretty big), and we seriously barely had room. I don't know if you will be able to share a limo with another family. If you are just looking for a big van or bus, you might be able to split that.

How does a Dodge Grand CAravan sound? DH could pick y'all up at the airport and drop you off at the port for a reasonable fee! :D Even pick you up at the end! It seats 7 with a luggage rack and all!

After doing some checking I am told for my family of 6 with luggage we will fill the limo. This is our dream vacation........so we are gonna spurge abit for a limo. Hubby does not want to deal with traffic , parking, finding gas etc...I can not wait and I am so excited about this cruise. Thanks to everyone on this site I have found so much information. Still looking for the right limo service I'd really like to not spend over 150.00 if that is possible.:)

I can tell you right now that if you are looking for $150 round trip, it ain't gonna happen. If you are talking each way, that's a definite possibility. There is a guy that posts on the Princess Board, Houstondriver, is, I believe, his handle. You might ask around for him and see if he has any suggestions.

I checked into getting a limo back in December. And for a private van, not even a limo, the quotes I was getting were around $500. Now this was last minute, at Christmas time, taking us to a hotel as well, but still. I finally found somebody with a Private luxury SUV for a lot less but nowhere near $150 round trip and that would only hold 5 people max comfortably plus the driver.

We recently used a company called "Texas Cruise Ship Shuttle" operated by L.J. Cormeir. Although service was good and friendly, I must warn you about the following:

They picked our group up in vans that were not licensed to pick up pax.

We were held up by security while an investigation was done.

They were cited for not having proper licenses to pick up pax at airport, for not having insurance to carry pax and one other I can't remember.

The vans were old and did not have working A/C.

They asked us to lie to security and say a friend was picking us up.

If they would run their business legally and update their vans, they would be an excellent choice and reasonable ($150 each way). Very knowledgeable about the area and helpful. But until those issues are resolved, I would be careful.

LJ was fabulous! we couldn't recommend him more highly. We read about him on these boards and he was everything and more than we could have hoped.

He arrived early, loaded all 8 of us AND our 20 pieces of luggage into the mini coach bus. The AC was a blessing in the Galveston-Houston heat! He dropped us off at our hotel after a tour of the island, and gave us recomendations for food and shopping (He was right on about both) He also picked us up after the cruise at the terminal to take us back to IAH,

We asked about the Bush family, and he went out of his way to drive us by their home- pretty cool.

LJ was FANTASTIC and we honestly feel that we underpaid for his services. We have another cruise in February and are booking him again.

HE drives from Hobby or IAH, and is the most warm, friendly and accomodating man we've met in our travels. Great laugh too!

Anyone ever used Gulfcoast Limos? I talked to a lady named Nichole today she said 198.00 (thats one way of course)would include a a real limo with refreshments (even mimosa drink!) I love those. She advised on their webb site can view limos. Driver to meet us at the baggage claim area of our airline. Would love to find others that have used them and their thoughts.:D

Thanks,

Suz.....I am looking so forward this cruise...;)

I didn't say we received poor service from L.J. What I was informing everyone about, was that he is not properly licensed by the airport and does not carry pax insurance. If you don't mind those things, or getting held up by security, questioned and made to wait while they write the driver's citations, then by all means use him. He was friendly, informative, helpful and provided a good service.

• 3 weeks later...

I was interested in limo suggestions good and bad, Four of us are arriving 2/18 into IAH at noon and leaving 2/25 at 2:00pm. We currently have Princess xfers but are rethinking since there have been many problems with missed buses, timing etc. Any recommendations for limo service, Thanks

• 1 year later...

We asked about the Bush family, and he went out of his way to drive us by their home- pretty cool.

Unless I've been told wrong, the Bushes live in a gated community, it's not possible to drive directly by their house.

Goodness, this is an old thread.:o

Archived