Which cruise is better?

newcruiser1951

We are 2 couples mid 40's to mid 50's cruising the 1st week of October for the 1st time. We want Eastern Caribbean and our choices are Caribbean Princess or Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas. The only difference in ports is that the Princess goes to Princess Cay and the Mariner goes to Nassau. Which is the better ship? Itinerary? Features? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe that the experience will be very similar on both ships. They are both relatively new ships (2004) and both are large ships, with the Royal Caribbean ship somewhat larger. Princess tends to draw a somewhat older following than Royal Caribbean. I'm sure there will be some that will say Princess will be better and others who say that Royal Caribbean will be better.

In terms of ports, the one day at Princess Cay (a private island they will use) I found to be much nicer than say Nassau. At Princess Cay they will have a lunch for you on the beach, various water equipment that you can use along with various beach games such as volleyball and basketball. It does make for a nice day out rather than the typical Caribbean Port where the emphasis seems to be on Shopping.

I think given the day at Princess Cay and the fact that the Princess ship will carry a little less passenger's than the Royal Caribbean ship and the ship will be a little smaller and the pasenger profile might be a little older than Royal Caribbean I would go with Princess, but again, I think it's fairly equal and don't think you'll go wrong with either.

Hopefully, you'll enjoy the cruise so much you will try other cruises. One line to eventually try is Celebrity Cruise Lines. They are owned by Royal Caribbean but run as a separate line from them.

Keith

Archived