Last minute no show or pax change, how?

erdoran

Hubby and I are sailing Sunday on Jade 2 wk TA.  My mom is in her 90s and until a couple of weeks ago was fine, but she’s started going downhill.  We have a nurse seeing her daily for meds, PT and OT, visiting nurse coming in besides, and an aide service standing by in case she needs even more help.  Mom isn’t eating or drinking enough, and we’re concerned about the effect of all this on her overall health.

She seemed to be improving, but the last two days were worse, and we’re both agonizing over whether or not to cancel.  Hubby suggested he stay home “just in case” and I go.  I don’t know that I want to, but I also don’t know that us staying home is going to make a difference.

Anyway, since time is so short, I want to be sure we know all our options.  

1.  If hubby doesn’t go, I know NOT to cancel him because we lose his fare AND I have to pay double.  How would I do that no show so “all” we lose is his fare?  Would we get his DSC and UBP service charge refunded or will that be lost too?  What do I have to do to get that refund, if it is an option?

2.  If I bring a friend in his place, can I change to reservation name to my friend, and what’s the latest I can do this?

Thanks in advance.

Ps Yes, we have trip insurance through Chase Sapphire.  I am certainly going to see if it is covered, but I’m trying to cover all bases to minimize my losses in case it isn’t covered for any reason.

Edited by erdoran

9 hours ago, erdoran said:

Hubby and I are sailing Sunday on Jade 2 wk TA.  My mom is in her 90s and until a couple of weeks ago was fine, but she’s started going downhill.  We have a nurse seeing her daily for meds, PT and OT, visiting nurse coming in besides, and an aide service standing by in case she needs even more help.  Mom isn’t eating or drinking enough, and we’re concerned about the effect of all this on her overall health.

She seemed to be improving, but the last two days were worse, and we’re both agonizing over whether or not to cancel.  Hubby suggested he stay home “just in case” and I go.  I don’t know that I want to, but I also don’t know that us staying home is going to make a difference.

Anyway, since time is so short, I want to be sure we know all our options.  

1.  If hubby doesn’t go, I know NOT to cancel him because we lose his fare AND I have to pay double.  How would I do that no show so “all” we lose is his fare?  Would we get his DSC and UBP service charge refunded or will that be lost too?  What do I have to do to get that refund, if it is an option?

2.  If I bring a friend in his place, can I change to reservation name to my friend, and what’s the latest I can do this?

Thanks in advance.

Ps Yes, we have trip insurance through Chase Sapphire.  I am certainly going to see if it is covered, but I’m trying to cover all bases to minimize my losses in case it isn’t covered for any reason.

I am not an expert so I might have this only partly correct but I think you can bring  a substitute and just change the names: there will or may be a slight charge for this, but that is better than losing everything. Good luck and God bless your family. Of course if there is a death and you have insurance you are looking at a different situation. I would be safe and talk to NCL about this. None of us can be certain of our advise unless we have actually been in your situation 

Nita, thanks.  Things are looking up now, Mom had a better day today, her doctor was encouraging, so we are crossing our fingers that we can both go.  We have to take things one day at a time...

FYI, I had a similar situation about 2 years ago, and had to forgo a cruise on NCL 2 or 3 days before sailing.  My sister had no trouble changing my reservation to a different person's name.  I don't know how she did it, but it wasn't a problem.