Anyone Changed a Fred Cruise for a Different One?

tring

We have a cruise booked on freedom fare and are thinking of changing it to another cruise.  I know we will need to go for a cruise which is the same price or more, but are there any other restrictions that anyone knows about, or can we choose any cruise currently on sale?

For a definitive answer it might be safer to contact the cruise line or your travel agent otherwise you could find yourself losing money.  The only thing I know is they will allow you to change just the once and that's it.  Good luck, I'm sure it will work out OK for you.  

Might well have advised the same myself Corvel, but in this instance we do not want to change at present but are interested to know what our options may be if we decide to do so.  I tried contacting Fred and was, (as expected) told "go to your agent".  It could be difficult to get an answer through an agent if we have no specific plans, so thought it worth asking here.  I do realise changes can occur in what they will  accept, but a rough guide would be useful if anyone has any experience of this in recent years.