Ron Jon Resort or Radisson Resort at the pier in cocoa beach

jaycor

Hi

Am spending 2 nites in Cocoa Beach before cruise with my family of 6.

Have been quoted the same amount for both places.

At the Ron Caribe resort we have a studio and at the radission we have a suite with 2 king beds.

Which one would you choose?

Kids from 9-17

thank you

Can't vouch for the Ron Jon but the Radisson was a great location and a lot of fun for the kids (from what we could tell).... a great room also. It's also a few miles closer to the port.

If we found ourselves back in Pt. Canaveral we wouldn't hesitate to stay there.

We stayed at the Radission in a suite 2 years ago. Great room, two kings and a whirpool tub in the master and a pullout sleep sofa in the livingroom. Full kitchen with microwave, stove and fridge. Only one bathroom though for 6 people might be a little busy. Nice pool area and restaurant on premises, Italian restaurant next door and many choices down the road. Also a mall and walmart not far away. Also free shuttle service to the port.

We stayed at Ron Jons for three nights before our cruise last year. We picked it, because we thought the pool area looked like fun. As it turned out, it was 60 degrees the entire time and we could never swim. However, becasue Ron Jons had so much for the kids to do (large indoor play area, mini golf cource, movie theater, magic shows, art projects, a guy who brought baby allegators to show the kids, scavanger hunts, a guy who could make the best ballon animals I've ever seen, mimes, etc.) the kids (5 and 7) had a great time. Had we stayed at a hotel with just a pool, the trip would have been a disaster.

will be cruising out of port canaveral for the 1st time....is RON JON a hotel or a time share? i went on their website and it looks like they have condo's to rent. what are the conditions of these condos?

also, i was looking at GAYLORD PALMS....anyone ever been there?

Residence Inn will be opening in March. It will be the closest hotel to the cruise ships (Radisson used to be the closest).

Ron Jons looks great, but for a 1 or 2 night stay, it might be easier just to stay in a hotel close by. If I were staying for a week, I'd stay at Ron Jons.

Residence Inn will be opening in March. It will be the closest hotel to the cruise ships (Radisson used to be the closest).

Ron Jons looks great, but for a 1 or 2 night stay, it might be easier just to stay in a hotel close by. If I were staying for a week, I'd stay at Ron Jons.

Thanks for the heads up. I love the Residence Inn. Will keep my eye open for their opening.

Bill

will be cruising out of port canaveral for the 1st time....is RON JON a hotel or a time share? i went on their website and it looks like they have condo's to rent. what are the conditions of these condos?

also, i was looking at GAYLORD PALMS....anyone ever been there?

I've stayed at the Gaylord Palms. The rooms are nice - different themes in different areas of the hotel. I was in the Everglades section I think. Nice big fluffy towels in the baths, and big comfy pillows on the beds. The pools and spa are nice. It is a resort, with all the extra fees and expenses associated with it. There is a convention center attached to the hotel, so expect to see a lot of convention attendees wandering around. The food is good but a bit pricy - watch out for waiters filling glasses with Pelegrino water and charging you for it, even though you never asked for it. The gator feeding in the atrium was entertaining.

Is it difficult to get from Gaylord Palms to the Port on cruise day? The property looks lovely! How far away from the Port Canaveral area is it? Would you suggest any specific transportation companies to get from the airport in Orlando to the hotel and then to the port the following day? Thanks for the info!! Also, we are looking into Four Points and Residence Inn as well, but gosh Gaylord Palms looks very nice.

Is it difficult to get from Gaylord Palms to the Port on cruise day? The property looks lovely! How far away from the Port Canaveral area is it? Would you suggest any specific transportation companies to get from the airport in Orlando to the hotel and then to the port the following day? Thanks for the info!! Also, we are looking into Four Points and Residence Inn as well, but gosh Gaylord Palms looks very nice.

We rented a house for 4 days a few years ago in Orlando and went past Gaylord Palms everyday on the way to Disney. I'd say you'd have about 45 minutes to an hour ride from Gaylord Palms.

unless someone answers differently.....i was thinking that we'd rent a car (upon arrival) drive to the hotel...then drive to the port and leave the car there. i think i read somewhere that budget allows you to do that.

are you planning to leave the car at the port all week or do you mean you are going to return the car to Budget and get the shuttle to the pier?

Bill

scuba, I and some other locals on this board always recommend the Inn at Cocoa Beach, it's about a mile south of the pier (easy beach walk). They have free wine social, breakfast, ride to the terminals, free parking and the BEACH. I stay there every 4th of July to watch the fireworks that Ron Jon & Cocoa Beach put on off shore every year. Checkout the link to specials on their web page. There is a hotel next to the pier, can't remember the name though.

http://www.theinnatcocoabeach.com/Default2.asp

BTW: Most on this board go to the Radisson, I've been there on Sunday for their champange brunch (best around) but I get stressed just watching people getting from there to the ships. I wouldn't start a vacation that way.

Hi there. Just got back from a cruise and we stayed at the Radisson. For those of you planning on taking their shuttle to the pier, dont. It can be hectic and stressfull. People not booked still get on. We did what was suggested here on Cruise Critic we called the Yellow cab company and they picked us up right next door at the convention center.We had seven people and 16 pieces of luggage. They pick you up in a van with a trailer for all of the luggage. We were charged $3 per person. It was worth not having to put up with the others waiting for the shuttle. We were then driven to the pier, our luggage unloaded by the porters. From start to finish we were eating lunch at the Windjammer 45 minutes later. Have fun and good luck.

timesurfer........did you notice the new Residence Inn next to the Radisson? Any comments if so?? Is there any hotel closer to the cruise ships than the Radisson/Residence Inn? What kinds of places to eat are around the Radisson? What rental car place is closest to the Radisson? Thank you!

Hi ciship, there is a new hotel going up and I learned here that it wont be in operation until March I believe.The Radisson is the closest then until that one opens. As far as places to eat, you are on the main drag there. Anything from Taco Bell, McDonalds to sit down restaurants are available. There is a nice dining room in the Radisson that does a good seafood buffett on Saturday nights. The breakfast buffet is also very good. Since we did not use the rental car place I cannot answer that question. We used the Yellow cab company for transportation to the ship. Hope this answers your questions. Have a great time on your cruise. Karen

Hi ciship, there is a new hotel going up and I learned here that it wont be in operation until March I believe.The Radisson is the closest then until that one opens. Karen

The Four Points by Sheraton just opened and the one that is opening in March is the Residence Inn. Just booked it for August @ $99.00 per night.

Bill

The Four Points by Sheraton just opened and the one that is opening in March is the Residence Inn. Just booked it for August @ $99.00 per night.

Bill

Bill,

You booked the Four Points or Residence Inn for $99??? We will be there in July and I havent seen anything lower than $169 for the new Residence Inn!! Did you call or reserve over a website?

Archived