Celebrity "Not"- unless you're on the F list

micheles

Thank you Andrew...I also echo his remarks...the Law of Attraction works works extremely well on cruise ships...you always seem to attact people you find interesting, amusing, insightful and always upbeat. If you just happen across a grumpy grump...move on! It's a big ship....

Karyn

Y'know...come to think of it...on my last cruise on Mercury, I did notice some things...

Hmmm...let's see...

There was a speck of dust on the desk in my cabin; a streak on the mirror in the bathroom; one of the french fries I had ordered from room service slid under my tuna sandwich (ugh!), they forced me to have potato chips with another 3am room service snack because the fryer was closed (how dare they!) and I had to wait an extra two minutes for fruit punch with breakfast in the dining room because the waiter had to get it from the buffet, (it wasn't on the breakfast menu in the dining room).

Y'know, I just don't know what is becoming of X these days, especially the Merc. (sigh)

Ok...I bit...tongue is firmly in cheek with teeth marks on it.:D

Repeat after me...

I love X...

I love X

I love X

I love X

I love X

I love X

I love X

I love X

Cheers!

I've been following this thread because the OP was just so rediculous.

Anyway, just a comment about drink prices. I think that are comparable to any resort.

We go a couple of times a year for a get-away at the Westin La Paloma in Tucson, and the pool side drink prices are about the same as they are on Celebrity.

I think the drinks we got on the beach in Hawaii were more than what we paid on the ships.

And Andrew, I hope we cruise together one day, Heck we are doing the Merc next Thanksgiving, and I know it will be great.

Hey! Well switch to the Constellation Caribbean Cruise a few weeks later, and we will cruise together!:D

Haven't seen so much of you around here. Nice to see you posting again. Stay cool in the desert heat, while we throw another log on the fire to get rid of the damp chill!:(

Hey, don't forget to post if you're coming this way, too!:)

Andrew

I STRONGLY disagree with this assertion about Mercury's condition. unless it has really deteriorated in 3-4 months. When we were on it in oct-nov '05 it was absolutely fine (attested to by several of our "amigos' on that cruise).

Never fear SMITh is here.... 'lost in space'

Hi Tom & Linda (and say high to Karen for us)-

I'll just double what Tom has said - She is a beautiful ship and I would gladly sail Mercury again in a minute. Mercury was in excellent shape. If you find some thing cosmetically wrong with her I'd suggest you have your eyes checked by a competant optometrist - you may need eye glasses!!! LOL :p:p:p

We'll just book your cruise too!!! Well I wish. We are actually I think going to have to stick with the Merc to Mexico because its so close out of San Diego and we are doing Alaska in summer 2007 with DH family. Need to watch the budjet a little bit.

I've been lurking every day, I just haven't had much to say besides my review since I got back from Infinity Hawaii.

I was busy working on my Photo album from the cruise. I use a program called Cannon Photo Record, which helps me make "Creative Memories" style albums with backgrounds and frames and captions, all digitally. I spent about three weeks getting that done, and I found a few typos so I'll have to re-do a few pages.

Anyway, I am working on another project too. For Christmas I got my parents two huge boxes of about 15 years of slides and I have been skanning and editing those pictures. The fun part is that there are old cruise pictures. I plan to post them to share when i get to those. They are pretty funny.

And then there is the whole dress code issue, about which I have vowed not to post. I have to say that you 90% rule did hold true on our two week Hawaii cruise. 90% of the people complied and looked really nice.

So, I log in and read, I'll have to make sure that I say hi every now and then.

Take care,

STEVEWEESE!

Where the ---- have you been?

I thought it was THIS month you were doing Tahiti and looks like I got that wrong- next year, yes?

Hope you and all the family are well and enjoying a brisk Utah winter.

That other board doesn't tolerate troublemakers- you better watch yourself buster. ;)

Archived