Boatyard or Harbour Lights?

docschelly

I have been to both.  Your children will probably enjoy the Boatyard more because of  water toys and the rope swings.  Snorkel/swimming with the turtles is included with your admission. 

I think the food and drinks are better at the Boatyard.  The Boatyard will be more crowded.  Get there when it opens and sign up then for the turtles, so you won't be left out. 

Have fun !!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Carlisle Bay with the intention of doing the Boatyard.  By the time we got there, they said no more boat tours were available because they were full.  I also found the staff/security to be a little unfriendly.  No incident, just not welcoming.  Instead, we just rented some beach chairs and an umbrella and found a guy who would take $60 for 5 of us to do a boat tour.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, erikaem86 said:

We went to Carlisle Bay with the intention of doing the Boatyard.  By the time we got there, they said no more boat tours were available because they were full.  I also found the staff/security to be a little unfriendly.  No incident, just not welcoming.  Instead, we just rented some beach chairs and an umbrella and found a guy who would take $60 for 5 of us to do a boat tour.  

That's a bummer...what time did you arrive there?

Just did Boatyard this past Friday.

That place is great man.  Staff consistently coming up to remove cups and plates and asking if everything is good.  It can be a party place with music and “shots” calls but also lay further away from the bar if you don’t want that.

I will say we got there around 10:30 a.m. and there was a big line and was even told there would be no more lounge chairs . . . .just seated chairs with umbrella.

Soon as we got in we located 2 sets of loungers with umbrella right next to each other with no problems.

But definitely keep in mind the amount of ships in port and the time you get off the ship to ensure a good experience.

plus access to water toys, swim with the turtles, free drink and shuttle back to the port . . . .its hard to top the value.  Beach was gorgeous.  Staff was friendly.

Doing a Barbados land vacation later this year and I will make sure to see all of the land stuff and even do a catamaran so that way all my future cruises I can go straight to the Boatyard to spend my day.  Its just easy.

• Like 1

As far as a catamaran tour goes, we did a tour with Cool Runnings Barbados, and it was excellent.  We stopped at multiple snorkel stops, including seeing the turtles.  It also included lunch and open bar.  The staff was energetic and fun.  It was one of my favorite tours ever.