going SOLO but not single

momsoftwins

are there any ppl out there going solo on a cruise but are not "single" i am having trouble finding info for just solo cruising. i am glad that they have cruises for the lucky singles but those of us that are happy not being single but need a break from kids and hubbies or wifes. well if anyone has a comment or any info please let me know

Hey, I'm the mom of twins also. They are now 8 years old and I am booked on my upcoming trip solo. I needed a break so hubby is staying at home and I am going to be pampered. He went on a ski trip with a friend last month, so this is my revenge. Cruising is the perfect alone trip. You get to decide how much you want to interact with others and there are always your table mates to keep you company if you want to make new friends.

I am a teacher with six kids. I cruised solo at the urging of my husband who realized it was the sea or the nuthouse. It was wonderful. I met a number of people on the roll call and I spent a lot of time with on the cruise. Last year (after being assured by the sponsors that it wouldn't be a problem) I went on a singles cruise. Many solo singles are looking for companionship as opposed to romance. I still stay in touch with people from both cruises. The key to having a good time is being comfortable with yourself.

I don't think there's such a thing as "solo" cruises. What you basically do is find a cruise and cruise ship you like, book it and go. I've been on almost 20 cruises as a single, but never on a "singles" cruise and it's always been great. I just look for an itinerary I like, call my TA to book the cabin, and then wait impatiently until it's time to fly to the port.

I'm a single person who travels solo. :) Didn't go on holiday until I discovered cruising, and think it's perfect for people travelling alone. It came as tremendous shock to me that anyone would think I was travelling "single" and that my main purpose in being there would be finding a partner (or even shorter term companionship) rather than having a holiday! Encountered folks who didn't want to speak to me because of it. :( I went to the singles meet after speaking to the crew and being told that the group was for people travelling alone rather than people looking for a date, but that didn't stop two women who were actually travelling together from turning up!! :rolleyes: So have decided not to do that any more, but to join the roll call here.

I wish these boards would separate out "single" from "solo" to make it clearer what was what, Can totally understand why why people would come along independently of partners etc.

Hi There,

Me and 3 of my friends are going on a solo cruise on June 23, 2006 on the SOS. We all needed a "mom's getaway".

We have put an email out to all of our other friends seeing if they are interested. Maybe I should put a note on the boards here and see if we can get other moms to join us!

If you still looking for a cruise...come join us!

Laurie:)

Archived