Current Princess Sale -Free Gratuities

kathy1305

There is a “May Sale” for Princess that includes free gratuities. Does anyone know how long this May sale is? I read something about ending Mother’s Day. If so, we’ll get busy tonight booking something!

There are currently two sales that are offering free gratuities this month. THis weekend is a $25 deposit down that ends tomorrow. Then there is one offering a 2 for 1 deposit that is running through June 4th. Both offer free gratuities and OBC.

Now that’s Very interesting...because if you search for a cruise and pick one with the $25 Mothers Day banner and then click for the details....it comes up with June 4.  I guess we shall see what happens tomorrow.  But I Did take a screenshot of my booking with the popup terms, JIC.

I want to book the October Panama Canal Transit cruise for 2020, but they want $2,500 for OV, whereas the 2019 Cruise is $1,900. If I book now, I'll just lose the free gratuities when they drop the price.

Wow that is a big difference in price. Sometimes it pays not to rebook, especially when you are getting free gratuities.  The free gratuities and onboard credits are what made the booking I wanted for my Alaskan cruise for next year worthwhile.

4 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Now that’s Very interesting...because if you search for a cruise and pick one with the $25 Mothers Day banner and then click for the details....it comes up with June 4.  I guess we shall see what happens tomorrow.  But I Did take a screenshot of my booking with the popup terms, JIC.

In the T&C for the May Sale it states that the $25 deposits end May 13, though certain sailings will continue with 10% deposits (essentially two-for-one) through the full promo end date of June 4.

https://book.princess.com/html/global/cruisedeals/shop-the-sale/

The splash ad on the main page of the Princess website also has the same qualification on the $25 deposits banner--which will presumably disappear after tonight.

ETA: reading the pop up you are referring to more closely

The $25 deposit is part of the Mother's Day deal!

The terms of the May Sale which that June 4 expiration date refers to clearly state 10% deposit (on that screen, not just in the official T&C).

You don't have a leg to stand on if you try to demand the $25 deposit other than in the next 7.5 hours (guessing it will be bookable online until 11:59 PM PDT).

Edited by fishywood
  • Like 1