12:20 Flight out of Miami

DerekDun8

Port of Miami to MIA is roughly 20 minutes... Under "normal" circumstances 12:20pm isn't a problem. As long as there are no Customs & Immigration or baggage handling delays you'll have plenty of time as long as you get off in one of the first few groups.

What Trent said is true -if everything works out OK you should be able to make the flight. You should also take a cab to airport, not wait for a bus to fill up.

When things do not go so well - On my most recent cruise on Navigator of the Seas, arrival back in Miami on Jan 7, they called the first few colors between 7-8 AM - however a MAJOR BACKUP was rapidly created at immigration (more than 1/2 the passagers on the ship were non-US citizens, and I heard one of the computers at Immigration went down for a while). There was a good hour where no one was let off the ship because the lines were so long and there was no place for the to go!

This was not the ship's fault -it was due to immigration (though you would have thought they would KNOW the large # of non-US citizens were on board).

I finally got of the ship about 11:15 AM (was supposed to get off by 10 AM based on my color) fortunately my baggage was already on the carousel so I got to airport by noon - in plenty of time for my 2:30 PM flight. When I got to the airport I saw several people I knew who got stuck in Immigration and/or had to wait for their baggage, they missed their flights that departed around noon, and had to wait for flights on stand-by.

i'm planning on carrying off our own baggage. That way if there are a lot of non-us citizens we can be off earlier and maybe beat them off the ship. Then i'm going to grab a taxi and head to the airport

You'll be just fine. ;)

We just returned from a cruise out of miami yesterday(Imagination) Did express disembarkation and handled our own luggage. We were called for express at 7:30 am, were through customs and into a taxi by 7:45, and at airport by 8:10 am for our 11am flight. I worried the whole cruise that we would miss the flight and was prepared to pay for a later flight, turns out we waited 2 1/2 hours at airport! Of course, I guess we had ideal situations without any delays.

Archived