Skagway+Glacier or Sitka+Hubbard ?

abhisheks77

Hi,

We are planning to take cruise in end of this month. We are in Seattle, so most convenient would be, to take cruise from Seattle, though it will miss that scenery which starts from Vancouver islands.
Cruise from Seattle will sail through Hubbard Glacier and Sitka. Cruise from Vancouver will cover Glacier Bay and Skagway. We are traveling with 3 years old and if needed, we can rent car on respective ports to explore some area around. Not interested in long hikes, but looking for photographic options.
Any suggestions please ?

Thanks

Hubbard Glacier is wonderful and Sitka is a very unspoiled port with many things to see within walking distance of where you are shuttled to. My choice would be the itinerary with Sitka. We love walking by the marina over to the Totem Pole park and there are no jewelry stores (as in Juneau and Ketchikan)! 

Karen

I booked with the Solstice which leaves from Seattle. Solstice stops in Skagway but misses out on Glacier Bay. One of the reasons I wanted to go to Skagway was for the White Pass & Yukon Route Railway. This is my first time to Alaska, and read it can be hit or miss with fog/weather and would be flooded with tourists, but it was something I still wanted to experience. It's history is tied in with the gold rush.

White Pass and Yukon Railway

• Like 1

I couldn't choose between Sitka and Skagway, and I wasn't sure that I would have time for a 14-day cruise including both, so I booked a one-way itinerary that has Skagway (train enthusiast) and will visit Sitka by air. My booking doesn't include Glacier Bay.