RCCL tours in Havana - seeking reviews

wsue22

It looks like most of the posters in this forum have used private tour companies for their shore excursions, I get that.  I am looking for people who have used the ship tours in Havana offered by RCCL.  I am booked on the Empress in October and will have two days in Havana.  I am traveling solo and have loyalty points to use for paying for excursions, so I am going to use the RCCL offerings.  Does anyone have any advice that has taken the ship tours?  I am interested in the Tropicana for the evening of Day 1, but I am trying to figure out what to do during the two daytimes that aren't too repetitive.  For example, does "Best of Havana Express with Hemingway House" do different things from "Havana Bucket List Experience"?  If I don't drink alcohol will I be disappointed with the Bucket List excursion?

Thanks in advance.

It depends on how long you will be in Havana on day 2.

My wife and I were on the Majesty on a Nov 18 sailing. Got into port at 11 am  and off the ship thru customs & immigration and then Cadeca 35 minutes total.

Took the Hemmingway's Havana tour. Ate up the rest of the day. Went back out at night and walked the town, best part of the trip.

I would do your major tours on the first day and wander in town on the second day. Probably take a walk on Obispo St. up to Floridita and enjoy the shopping, bars and music along the way.